18: Crossing The Bridge | 3 |

~Close to Mingzhe Dei's North Cape: Forest~

In the silence, all of them but Lea pondered over the words and story that were suddenly thrown into their average like-mind.

"Is this real...?" Uttered Bright in slow motion, looking more surprised than he had expected he would.

Lea simply raised an eyebrow. "I suppose it is."

"No kidding... Dude. This is unbelievable! I never knew my wife was so amazing." He said optimistically which earned him a queer look from Lea. Ignoring her expression, Bright continued "Although I've thought for a long time now how unusual you were... In an interesting way."

"Sorry about your brother." Raize quietly said, gazing at Lea's face.

Her ruby eyes glistened, ember lit within, she simply gave a wry smile to Raize's words. "...Thanks."

Ulla, who has been listening very quietly on the side was suddenly revealed to have been crying. "*Sobs* I'm sorry...." She said in between her repressed sobbing. During Lea's personal revelation, she had suddenly remembered her beloved twin sister, Crystal. Being forced to reminisce over the many good heart-warming memories of them together made her miss her other half desperately.

Understanding this, Lea reluctantly placed her hand on Ulla's shoulder. She was looking rather awkward petting a human, not an animal or beast for a change. "Yea.."

The first to snap out of the depressing mood was Raize who suddenly clapped his hands together. "Okay. Enough of this."

Bright snapped his neck to glare at Raize. "Respect the mood, darling!"

At Bright's ludicrous proclamation, Ulla replaced her sobbing with a soft chuckle.

"That'll do. Now that we know Lea's not really connected to our world transportation, we're back to square one." He said with a placid tone as he glanced to his classmates one by one.

"Why don't we just forget everything and actually start over in this world?" Suggested Bright, rather innocently.

"I agree. We've learnt adequately for us to survive in this world. We may have our memories of the previous world, but it's no use hanging on it for this long." Agreed Ulla, wiping her face off her tears while giving Lea a reassuring glance.

Raize went silent for a few seconds, and said, "Okay. So we'll forget about this being an otome game altogether?"

"We'll use that knowledge when the time comes." Lea quietly said.

"Too carefree. Bright must be rubbing off you, Lea." Said Raize with a small smile for Lea. She glanced at Bright as she rolled her eyes. "I'll be more on guard..."

Bright simply dramatically refused to believe the mocking exchange of Raize and Lea by looking at them with a scandalous expression. This earned another chuckle from Ulla.

"Considering we'll be starting over, it's like gaining a new life huh. We practically have nothing here but ourselves." Raize said offhandedly.

"Have you guys decided where to settle though?" Bright inquired.

"Exploration." Lea said. With her words, her eyes and Raize's met in understanding, letting a small smile escape on both their face. Bright found this suspicious but forgot about it just as fast.

"Seems like a plan." Ulla said, finally completely at peace with herself.

"We continue as we have then?" Queried Bright, making sure he was on track with the others' plan.

To his question, Raize gave a nod. "Yes. Although we know there's war to worry about, there's also the possibility we won't have to be pulled into it."