CHAPTER NINETY ONE

"I can't believe we're doing this." Ashton laughed as he scrolled his finger down my phone.

"It was your idea." I giggled, cuddling deeper into his chest. I shut my eyes, and slowly breahted in the smell of fresh laundry from his tshirt.

"What the fuck do I even look up?!" His laugh filled his bedroom.

"Oh my god," I laughed, snatching my phone out of his hands. "Do you even know any cities in this country besides Las Vegas?"

"Psh, of course I do," Ashton defended. I looked up at him to see him flashing me a sly smile. "There's like, LA...and, and New York-"

"Those are the two most populated cities!" I said, sitting up and trying to contain my laughter.

"Shut up!" Ashton laughed, sitting up as well to lean over and wrap his arms around my waist. He pulled me back onto him, both of us cracking up. "You didn't even let me finish. Uh...Houston-"

"I'm done with this."

"-SACRAMENTO-"

"ASHTON." I said, my laughter starting to pick up again.

"-OKLAHOMA-"

"THAT'S A FUCKING STATE!"

Ashton bursted out in laughter, leaning back with his eyes squinted shut. I joined him, even though we probably look like complete idiots right now. "Oh god it isn't even that funny."

"It's really not," I replied, covering my hand over my obvious smile. I grabbed my phone off the matress, and pulled up a new tab. "So Ashton, would you like a whole detour?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, sitting up and propping himself up on his elbows to look at me. His messy morning hair fell over his eyes, which he flipped out of the way with one flick if his head.

"Like..." my voice trailed off and I pursed my lips, thinking of how to explain what I was thinking. "Oh! I got it, we'll just drive up the coast."

"Okey doke," Ashton chirped, sitting up and leaning to me to peck my lips a couple times. He looked over to the clock, squinting his contact-less eyes to read. "Well then we should probably get going."

"What? Now?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"Well, yeah," He shrugged. "It's been almost like, a week, hasn't it?"

I sat back on my heels, and thought about it. It actually has been almost a week. The fight we got in wth my parents was last Saturday, and now it was Thursday. I had spent every night at Ashton's, only going into my house once to grab a couple outfit changes while it was the time of day that both my parents were at work. For the past 5 days or so...I've slept here, woken up here, ate here, went to school from here, and basically never left Ashton's side.

I...I couldn't leave his side; I would get scared again.

We decided to skip school today, not that it was that big of a deal. I had easy classes anyways, right? My thoughts faded as I looked over to Ashton, who eyed me with an encouraging smile.

"This is really crazy." I laughed, grabbing Ashton's hand and getting up off the bed. It was only 9:00 am at the moment, and it only takes like, 5 hours to get to where I want to go. As I opened the door with Ashton right behind me, my heart sank and my stomach dropped at the sight of Ashton's grandmother in the kitchen. She was cooking something, and her eyes shot over to us with a look of alarm.

"Ugh, you startled me," she sighed. After a couple moments, she narrowed her eyes at us. "Wait, why aren't you at school?"

I curled my lips in to keep me from saying anything stupid, and I looked up at Ashton to see him doing the exact same thing. "Uhhh..." He spoke up after a few seconds, but his voice just trailed off. He walked infront of me, taking my hand in his as we walked further into the main room. "Well," He began. "That's a really good question, Gram!"