The Boy of the Shadows

I wandered into the forest with a torch in my hand, heading towards the last place I would ever dream of going. However, I was flooded with determination to save Peter's life, though it never occurred to me that I really didn't have to save him. Something pulled at the back of my head, saying to save him to save myself. Did I too, need saving?

I continued walking, the path leading me farther and farther into darkness. The cool breeze brought chills down my spine as I hugged myself tightly and shivered. The trees, thick and dark, blocked the warm sunshine. The leaves whispering with the taunting wind.

Soon, I approached my destination. The blood red sky and jet black trees. The wind blowing harshly with nothing but darkness. Dark Hollow.

"Came back to see me?"

I whip my head towards the sound, seeing Pan leaning against the same tree he did before.

I nod my head, walking towards him, my hand gripping around the torch tightly. The shadow portrayed as my fear, backs farther into the tree as if he could move through it. "What do you want?" He snapped.

"I need your help," I responded, stepping closer to him. "I need answers."

He furrows his brows, "answers?"

"Yes. I need to know who Peter loves."

Pan scoffs, "the girl he loves is dead, Emerson. She's long gone."

I studied him, noticing he was biting his lip and refusing to meet my eyes. "You're hiding something." I stepped closer to him, the flames inching closer to him. "Tell me, please."

He glances at the fire nervously, "why would I tell you? What would I possibly get in return?"

"I can help you live again."

Pan's brows raised, then he shook his head with a chuckle. "You can only do that by killing Peter Pan. And we both know you can't."

"Actually, there is another way, you just have to tell me everything you know," I remarked.

The boy nods his head. "Okay. Well, Summer is alive."

My eyes widened, "but she killed herself."

"Yeah, she did. But she was created by the shadow. Shadows can only truly die by fire and light." Pan glanced at the torch again, his forehead sweating from the heat. I brought the torch closer to me, mumbling "sorry."

"Summer isn't a full human, if she touches fire, she dies."

I raise a brow, "then where is she?"

He extends his hand towards me. "Do you trust me?"

Hesitantly, I took his hand. He wrapped his arms around me, lifting off into the air. He flew towards a small trail, leading to a large tree.

"How come Peter has never noticed her here before?" I questioned oddly over the whipping wind. "

"Summer knows how to keep herself hidden. Besides, she didn't want to be found." He landed in front of the late tree. In fact, it was a large treehouse, dark and tucked away.

"If she doesn't want to be found, then I'm guessing she doesn't forgive Peter yet," I mumbled.

He sighs, "but I guess she's the only chance you've got."

I nod my head, taking a deep breath. "Alright, now, it's my turn to help you." I place my hand where his heart would've been. He furrows his brows, looking at my hand on his chest.... Well, Pan's chest. Slowly, I pressed my lips against his forehead, closing my eyes.

The breeze blew even harsher and the boy gasped loudly. I pulled away, keeping my hand on his heart, my eyes still closed.

Strong arms wrapped around me, an unfamiliar voice whispering, "thank you."

I open my eyes, finally seeing the boy as himself. Short black hair, tanned skin, and dark brown eyes. He smiled, pulling away from me and looking at his hands and worn clothing. His eyes meet mine again, his smile never leaving his face. "I'm Rufio."

***

A/N: probably the shortest chapter I have ever written but my chapters need to flow so ha :). ANYWAY it's amazing to think that over 1,000 people decided to read the first chapter of this fanfiction, and now it's down to 200 BUT STILL. 1,000 HUMANS (I mean i think you're human) DECIDED TO CLICK ON MY STORY, that sounds impressive to me okay XD

If you enjoyed this chapter please vote! If you loved it and want more, comment! If ya have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

Word count: 740