Forty-eight

Yoongi

"Noona pulled out the gun on him?!" Jungkook asked for the fourth time his eyes wide and a smile playing on his face.
"Yes!" Namjoon turned from the passenger seat glaring at him clearly annoyed.
"That's sexy~" Jungkook said seating back on his seat.
"Yah! Jungkook watch it remember Yoongi hyung gets jealous" Taehyung slapped the younger one on the arm.
"I'm not lying you have to admit noona is sexyㅡ" he replied followed by Jimin nodding.
"Shut the fuck up already, I'm sitting right here." I glanced away from the road shooting daggers at them through the mirror.
"Why didn't she come?" Taehyung quickly looked away changing the subject.

"She wasㅡ but she decided to stay home and help around the house" I mumbled as I recalled our stupid argument from earlier that morning.

I loved Ellen but I just couldn't understand why she would volunteer to clean and cook when we had people to do that for us. I tried to argue on that but ended on the note that I had to accept that she wouldn't change her mind. She wanted us to have a dinner together and when I agreed I never thought she planned on cooking, of course for the first time she declined the invitation to our meeting and stayed back after making me promise I would fill her in on everything.

"I'm guessing everyone is here." Namjoon spoke up as we pulled up to our safe house on the outskirts of town, about nine black SUVs parked on the inside of the gated driveway.
"Good morning boss." the head of my security, Eric, greeted as he opened the door.
As if on drill the dozens of my men lined up along the hallway and bowed keeping their gazes lowered not one daring to look my way.
"Meeting hall everyone!" I commanded walking down the hall following Namjoon and Eric chatting in front-- the rest of the men trailing behind me quietly.

____________

"What the fuck are you saying!"
I felt my blood boil, I was fuming and I was just about ready to kill.
It had been a while since I felt this wayㅡ I was always stone cold and tortured for my own entertainment.
Yes, I had a soft spot for Ellen and maybe for the boys but for the rest of the world I had to maintain my image which wasn't hard to do since being a cold hearted killer was now in my blood.
Once I got angry all I saw was red and right now it felt like we were in hell.
But this is hell, my men knew it; especially my enemiesㅡ to them I was the devil.

"We lost all of it boss, the men were shot down before they even reached Busanㅡ" Eric repeated as he sat back down across the long table occupying twelve of my men the rest stood against the walls their heads bowed down probably avoiding eye contact and uncomfortable with the tension in the room.

"How the fuck was that possible?!" I slammed my fists on the table causing a couple of my men to flinch including the three younger ones.

"No idea boss, that's what we're trying to figure outㅡ"

"Nobody knows our routes or our schedules but the my top men and myself!" I interrupted Eric before he looked down and nodded silently.

Namjoon squeezed my shoulder and cleared his throat making everyone look up "I say we figure this issue out but meanwhile keep all eyes on Minho and that old man they're our first suspects".

I exhaled and pinched the bridge of my nose nodding "ㅡdon't let them make any move without us knowing".

"Yes sir!" they all bowed in unison before orderly walking out.

"Bossㅡ" Eric spoke hesitantly "I wanted to speak to you privatelyㅡ it's safer" he looked around at the seven of us then back at me for approval.

He knew that when he spoke to me--he spoke to all seven of us unless I said otherwise, so the eight of us made our way to the main office across the hall from the meeting room.

As Namjoon shut the door after us, my phone's loud vibrating paused everything when I raised a finger making them wait as I checked the bright screen displaying Ellen's contact picture.

"Bossㅡ I apologize but it's important." Eric cleared his throat nervously.

I hesitantly silenced my phone and shoved it back into my slacks "ㅡalright then, make it fast".

"I think we might have a rat in the family".