Chapter 50

Eyeless Jacks POV
"So then. Who did?" I ask, tilting my head at LJ as he continues to frown worryingly at me. The monochrome clown sighs as he shakes his head.
"I don't know." He says as he lowers his head, scratching the back of it with his long sharp fingers.
"Maybe it was Slender?" BP asks as he joins in our conversation. We shake our heads and he just shrugs.
"It wouldn't be Slender." I say as protest. BP just shrugs once more, tilting his head as he does.
"Why don't we ask, see if he knows who done it?" LJ and I stare at each other as we process what BP had just said. It was actually a pretty good idea. If anyone knows about the situation. It would be him.
"No! I'm not a hug person!" A voice bellows from down the hall. It was Jeff shouting about something. All three of us turn to each other.
"Sally." We all say together in unison. Chuckling afterwards at the fact we all had spoken at the same time.
We all agree to go talk to Slender about what happened between Smiles and [Name]. Maybe he knows if that mutt will listen to anyone else. LJ had only just come back after being gone for two years, so maybe Smiles obeying habits have changed.

We all leave the attic and make our way down and around the halls towards Slender's office. I began to grow slightly nervous for some reason but I soon calmed down when I noticed I wasnt the only once. LJ was getting panic sweats along his forehead and BP kept on clenching and unclenching his sweaty palms. I didn't sweat as I was no longer human so I understood why BP could sweat. But how LJ can, I have no idea.
We finally reach Slender's office. Taking a deep breathing before knocking in the door. A voice echoes from within the room. Allowing us to enter. We all give a nod before opening the door, walking in the room and shutting the door behind us.
"What can I help you with?" Slender asks in a stern voice as his tentacles flail behind him. His long hands wrapped around a newspaper as he slowly lowered it to face us.
"Slender, there has been an incident with [Name] and Smiles. But we believe it was no accident." I state as I take a step closer to his desk. The other two proxies following, doing the same behind me. Giving a nod to show they agree with my words.
"She was sleeping and Smiles attacked her." LJ adds as he too takes a step closer. BP remains quiet as he wasnt there to see what really happened.
"I see."
"We want to know who Smiles obeys so we can get to the bottom of who done this to [Name]." I say with a slight hiss in my tone at Slender's attitude towards the situation.
"Smiles no longer obeys anyone personally. He will obey who he chooses and when."
"So it could be anyone?!"
"Yes."
"Well this just got a whole lot harder." I scoff as I turn to and make my way to the door, LJ and BP following behind.

"What are we gonna do Jack?" BP asks as we slowly make our way down the hallway into the kitchen in deep thought. Stopping in the middle of the room. I go to reply but I'm interrupted by the sounds of claws scraping against the floor. I turn around to see [Name] walk into the kitchen. She stops once she sees me but her tail starts to swish back and forth in excitement as she trots over to me, sitting by my feet.

Readers POV
I watch as Sadie storms out of the room with Sally slowly trailing behind her, her hair swishing as she steps.
I was alone. What's with Sadie? She has been really weird towards me recently? I think to myself as I stand to my paws and make my way to leave the room. I exit the door and look to my right to see Sally disappearing around a corner. I exhale deeply through my snout as I turn left out of the room. Walking down the hall. In this form, I have listened to so many different sounds I wouldn't have heard as a human. I walk past the Tv room and hear a click every now and then of someone pressing a button on the remote to change the channel. I can hear a page turn or the sound of pencil against paper from behind a closed door. I normally only hear it when I go past Sadies room. I guess that's her with her diary. I've only used mine once and I hadn't written in it since. Guess I'm not a diary person. I feel bad for not using the diary as Sadie suggested it but I can't help it if it's not my thing.

I continue to walk down the hall  until I turn into the kitchen. I make my way to walking towards the dinning room when Jack comes into view. I freeze once I spot him. LJ and BP stood next to him but they weren't paying attention to me. The only person who looked and noticed me was Jack. I mentally smile as I trot over to him. My claws scratching against the wood creating tapping sounds as I go.
I sit by his feet as I rub my head against his leg, purring like a common house cat pet. I may be a panther who is normally a viscous predictor in the wild. But I love this man and can't change anything. Not even my wild animal instincts would change how I feel.
Jack lowers his hand to rub my fur. Patting my head between my soft ears. He crouches down to my level, scratching the underneath of my chin. My eyes close as my head slowly tilts back against his touch. My tail swishing around in contentment. Eventually my tail bangs against the floor like a happy pup or even an adult dog who is excited. Jack just chuckles as he stops scratching my chin.
"Don't worry [Name]. BP, LJ and I will find out who made Smiles hurt you. Then after, I will work on getting you back to your human form." He states as he stokes my ear. I purr against his touch, nodding slightly. Thank you Jack. I have full faith and belief that you will do this. I trust you. I just wish you could hear my thoughts.
My bright fiery yellow orbs shine as I stare into his mask. Delving down deep into his empty sockets. Even without eyes, he can still see me. In this form. Yet he still loves me. Panther or not. And I still love him. Monster or not.