Chapter 1

It was late night and the restaurant was about to close in fifteen minutes. Camila was cleaning the tables up, preparing to close. Ally, the manager of the restaurant, who Camila was also lucky enough to call her best friend, sat on one of the tables, counting the money they earned today.

As Camila finished her last table and went inside the kitchen to grab her backpack, Tony, another worker there, walked in and gave Camila a look of pity.

"What?"

"Can you deliver one last order Cabello? Mike called, he needs some soup for his wife, said she's sick."

"Um, not that I'm complaining, but since when do I do delivery?"

"You don't. I just thought.. You know, since they live in your area.. Please, you can keep the delivery costs. She's sick, apparently."

"Yeah, of course." Camila shrugged as she sat on the floor. She watched as Tony prepared a bowl of their special soup. When he was done, Camila packed it nicely and went out the room. She gave Ally a goodnight and left the restaurant.

She put her helmet on as she got on her bicycle. She put the plastic inside the bicycle's basket and began riding home. The Jaureguis lived near her, right across her in fact. She heard a lot about their son, Chris, who was arguably one of the most popular boys in school. He has two sisters: Lauren and Taylor Jauregui. Lauren was one year older than Camila was and got the reputation of the school's badass. And Taylor.... Well she was just known as the youngest of the trio. However, Camila had never paid any attention to the siblings. She was the kid who didn't care about anything. She didn't even really know what they looked like. Camila avoided a lot of school events and tend to stay out of high school drama.

She parked her bicycle in front of the Jauregui's yard as she stepped down the bike. She took the plastic out and walked towards the doorsteps. She knocked a couple of times but no reply from the inside could be heard. She knocked some more times but still no response. She sighed and shouted "Excuse me!"

The door opened abruptly and she jumped in response. The girl who opened it was a beautiful girl with emerald eyes so intense, Camila felt like drowning in it. The girl smirked at Camila's response and eyed her from head to toe.

"Nice helmet." She joked, making Camila's cheeks heat up. The helmet was a gift from her best friend. It was yellow, covered with faces of Homer Simpson and bananas. It wasn't the prettiest, but Camila loved it.

"I appreciate your sarcasm." Camila rolled her eyes and then remembered what she was here for.

"Here's your food. It'll be ten ninety-nine. I hope your mom feels better." Camila lifted the plastic to hand it to the girl but she just stared at it.

"Um, thanks? Hold up, I didn't order any soup." The girl took it from her but continued staring at it like it was something from outer space.

"Chris! Did you order mom some soup? Cause I need you to pay for this shit!" The girl shouted, and soon the boy walked down the stairs.

"Camila!" Chris called out, and Camila was confused. Chris Jauregui knew her?

"Chris, right?" In all honesty, Camila didn't really care about Chris' existence. She knew that he was in the basketball team and he had good hair, but besides that, she honestly doesn't know anything else about him.

"Yeah... wait. You don't know who I am?" Chris asked, a bit offended. The girl who Camila assumed must be Lauren chuckled a bit, looking at Camila amusedly.

"I do. I just- don't really um, care." Okay, this time, Chris really was offended. He had never heard any girl said that about her. He found Camila interesting and made it his mission to ask his friends more about her the next day.