23.Without You

T W E N T Y - T H R E E

|One Month Later|

"Ready?" Bambi looked back at me.

"Yea." I breathed out, opening the back door to the car.

Walking over to Ryan's headstone I stood there for second.

"I miss you so much." I bit my bottom lip trying not to cry. "Why couldn't it went down differently?" I begin to cry. "You lied to me, you said you were gonna be here for my birthday." I wiped my face but the tears keep coming.

"I was supposed to be your wife Ryan." I sniffed, put my hand on his headstone to hold myself up. "I love you I really do, and I don't know how imma make it without you." I stop crying wiping my face once more.

"I start my senior year in two weeks and I'm kind of scared." I chuckled. "Especially with you not here with me." I breathed out. "Just let me know you here baby." I lean down kissing the headstone. "I love you."

Going back to Ace's car. I sat in the backseat as Ace got out going to the grave.

Later that day

"Hey mama." I walked into the kitchen of Ryan's mama house.

"Hey baby." She kissed my forehead. "How you doin'?"

"Good I went by the grave earlier." I opened the refrigerator grabbing a hand full of grapes. "You always pick good grapes the ones I get be nasty."

"I'm gonna have to teach you the trick one day." She laughed. "The headstone on there?"

"Yea but the dirt haven't went down fully." I put a grape in my mouth.

"JoJo!!" Kayla hugged me.

"Kayla!!"

"How my favorite sister?"

"I'm your only sister." I laughed.

"True true." She nodded her head agreeing. "Anyway, you okay?"

"Yea I just really miss him."

"Me too, I have no one to call ugly for no reason."

"Don ugly for real though so.." I trailed off, shrugging.

"It's not as fun if the person really is ugly." Kayla frowned.

"You so mean." I laughed, pushing her shoulder.

"Nigga know he ugly." She shook her head making an ugly face. "Ma you sure that's your kid?"

Mama chocked on the grape she was eating; laughing a little.

"Yes Mikayla that's my son." Mama nodded.

"He so ugllyy doe."

"Okay we get Kayla." I laughed a little harder.

"He ugly." She shrugged. "He ugly. He just ugly. Like ain't no other word to describe him."

"I'm done." I walked out the kitchen.

Home

"Let the party hit the roof, let the party hit the roof!!" Aerin jumped around.

"Why are you down here?" I threw a pillow at her.

"Cause you bout to go to work and I know I probably won't see you until two days from now so I came to bother you." She said all in one breath still jumping around.

"What ever happened to Dillion?"

"Ohh." Aerin gasped, sitting on my bed. "So this little boy had the audacity-"

"Not the audacity." I laughed lowly.

"To call me at eleven o' clock, talkin' bout some come thru. Come thru really my guy come thru?" She held her chest. "You crazy." Aerin laughed sarcastically.

"You shoulda got some dick then after never talk to his ass ever again

"You shoulda got some dick then after never talk to his ass ever again."

"Damn why didn't I think of that?" She looked disappointed.

"It's okay you'll get 'em next time." I encouraged.

"Why we being hoes?" She laughed.

"More like best friend goal." I tapped my finger on my forehead.

" I tapped my finger on my forehead