Rescue Plan

"Raya."
I jerk awake hearing Luke's voice and feeling his hand on my shoulder.
"What?" I ask looking up to see a light gray two story house with a bunch of windows.
"We're here." Luke answers.
I unbuckle and open the back door before scooping Avery in my arms as Luke does the same for James.
We walk up to the white door with glass panels before knocking.
The door swings open revealing a tall boy with brown hair and green eyes with a puzzled expression on his face.
"You're not pizza." He says in a confused tone.
"Uh no, we're looking for Monroe."
"Oh, one second. JAE!" He shouts causing me to jump.
I look behind him to see Monroe walking down the stairs wearing a maroon tshirt, white jeans and maroon converse. Her hair curled as usual.
"Hey, everything okay?" She asks when she sees Luke and I holding James and Avery.
"Yeah, who's he and where's Skyscraper?" I ask trying to act casual.
"This is Joey and Asher's upstairs with the twins." Monroe answers as Joey walks over to the couch to sit.
"So is it okay if we talk to you privately?" Luke asks and Monroe looks over at Joey.
"Joey, you watch the kids."
"Okay, can I know their name's?"
"Avery and James." I answer.
"So now we have two James'?" Joey asks confused and James and James Monroe say 'yes' in unison.
"Uh okay then, well have fun. I'll be here with two strange little children, I'll probably get stuck with the twins in a minute too." Joey pouts and Luke laughs.
I think they might get along one day.
"You both be good for Joey while I talk to Monroe, okay?" I ask Avery and James and they nod in agreement.
"Love you." I say giving James a quick hug before following Monroe through the house and outside into the backyard.
They'll be okay.
"Sorry to intrude so late at night." I murmer feeling guilty.
"No problem, we just got home a few minutes ago."
"Okay so Raya's just going to get straight to the point." Luke says and I glare.
"Will you watch James and Avery while Luke and I....go....um."
"Go where?" Monroe asks raising an eyebrow.
What am I supposed to say?
I glance at Luke for help, but he remains silent.
"T-to find..."
My mind fills with images of my friends before going to the note left behind at the hotel.
I look down at my feet as tears roll down my cheeks.
I can't do this alone.
I need help.
"What the h*ll is going on?" Monroe demands Luke.
I see him flinch before answering
"Our friends were kidnapped."
I look up at Monroe to see her blue eyes wide in surprise and anger just under the surface.
"W-what? By who?" She asks glancing between us.
"Blood Arrow, he's a leader of a violent gang."
Monroe seems to think for a moment as if coming to a realization.
"The night you killed those men, were they part of his gang?" Monroe asks Luke and my eyes widen in surprise.
Is she talking about when her and I were ambushed?
"H-how-what are you talking about?" Luke asks with a shocked expression.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about Luke. You're the only person who calls me 'blondie', it wasn't hard to figure out."
All this time she new.
I must've looked like a horrible friend and probably lost all her trust that night.
Jeez, why am I so stupid?!
"You knew all this time? Why didn't you ever say anything?" I ask looking for any sign of anger towards me, but I don't....at least I don't think I do.
"You guys wouldve just denied it. I knew something was up, but that night I figured it out." Monroe says and I feel like a complete idiot.
"Its not like we wanted to lie, its just....dangerous for you-for anyone to know." I whisper thinking of the others.
I should've just left them in the beginning. I shouldn't have even walked into their lives.
Once they're safe....I'm leaving.
"Not to mention its against protocol." Luke says going into geek mode.
"I'm not mad about it, but I want to help." Monroe says and I nod.
"Okay, you can help us by watching Avery and James." I say causing her to frown as if I insulted her.
"We have Callie and Joey for that." She says shaking her head.
"You are not going anywhere near BloodArrow's compound." I state crossing my arms.
"Like h*ll I'm not, you asked for help and you're going to get it." Monroe says in a determined voice and I scowl.
"No. Luke and I have trained for this and know the risks, I will not risk you're life or anyone else's in the process."
"I'm coming with you whether you like it or not Raya, I'm not letting you two do this alone."
I remain silent hoping Luke will back me up on this.
There are enough people in danger already, we don't need to add any more.
  "We can go to your father's and get supplies and make sure she passes basic training. You know she's not going to back down either way, lets just make sure she's gonna be on the safe side before hand." Luke suggests looking over at me.
There's no way someone can be on the safe side when walking into the compound of Blood Arrow, its just not possible!
"I do not agree with this, she has a life! She doesn't need to be anymore mixed up in this crap then babysitting-if even that! She already knows to much!" I shout at Luke in anger and irritation.
"I've known for years Raya I know how to defend myself, I'm not helpless." Monroe mutters annoyed at the thought of someone considering her helpless.
"I know you're not, I just don't want to put anyone else in danger."
I've done that enough.
"You're not putting me anywhere. I'm coming with you, it's my choice and I'm doing it." Monroe states leaving no room for argument.
"Well we're leaving in twenty minutes so go get ready Blondie." Luke says with a sigh just as Asher walks outside towards Monroe.
"Where are we going?" Asher asks putting his arm around Monroe's shoulders in a protective manner.
"Nope! You are not going anywhere Loverboy the second. Monroe I trust not to blab her mouth and to listen to instructions, you on the other hand will probably act like an over protective love sick puppy. There for you are not going with us." Luke mutters crossing his arms.
Awe there he goes switching to 'you're not good enough for my sister' mode.
"First of all I'm not a lovesick puppy,
Second of all what the h*ll are you talking about? And where the h*ll are you taking my girlfriend?" Asher demands his eyes narrowed at Luke.
"Uh hiya Skyscraper." I intervene trying to break the tension that's obviously pressing down on everyone's shoulders.
"Hi short stuff." He says with a polite smile.
"So where we going?" Asher asks again the question directed towards Luke.
"Does he have to come?" Luke asks glancing between Monroe and I.
"He's not going to let me go anywhere without him, he has a phsyco family." Monroe answers.
"All the more reason for you to stay." I say trying to reason with her stubborness.
"We've already established I'm going and wherever I go, he goes." Monroe says pointing at Asher.
"See? Lovesick puppy." Luke mutters under his breath so only I can hear.
I look between Monroe and Asher before stepping forward and speaking with a clear voice.
Maybe he won't let her go, she'll listen to him.
"Fine, we are going into the heart of the most dangerest gang hideout ruled over by a cruel and evil leader with no mercy that will kill you and your girlfriend on sight. You gonna let her go now?" I ask watching Asher and hoping he'll talk her out of it.
"If I'm not going neither are you, I'm not gonna just sit here while y'all are in danger. And he wouldn't do the same. You know me better then that,
I won't let you go without us." Monroe declares and a hundred of horrible scenarios run through my head of all my friends ending up dead because I was stupid enough to let this happen. Even when I knew I'd be putting them in danger.
"I believe Little Bit here just spoke for the both of us." Asher says smirking down at Monroe.
"Okay then lets get our *sses out of here before your other friends decide to join, which is not happening." Luke states walking towards the car.
"Okay, lets go." Asher says following behind.
"We gotta talk to Joey first you dumb dumb." Monroe says pulling him back towards the house.
"Okay we'll wait in the car." Luke says hopping into the drivers seat while I get in the passenger side.
"Hurry! Drive! Drive! Drive!" I demand seeing a way out of the situation.
They have the kids in the house and Monroe's not gonna let anyone hurt them so all we've got to do is get out of this driveway.
"Raya, we'll need all the help we can get."
"We've got plenty now drive!"
"Trying to get rid of us?"
I turn to see Monroe and Asher climbing into the back seat before buckling up.
No!
I throw a glare at Luke as he pulls out of the driveway and speeds down the road.