Chapter X

Two days had passed and I was still desperately trying to avoid the Marauders. Lily had been nagging me about what happened for a day before I gave in and told her everything. She insisted I should talk to him. Every time she told me, it leaded into an argument which went like this:

‘You really should talk to him.’ She said when she’d followed me after I’d fled from the Common room.

‘Nope.’ I said popping the P.

‘Faith, you will regret it if you don’t and you know it.’

‘I’m not going to talk to him Lil!’ I said getting angry.

She sighed deeply. ‘I’m telling this because I am your friend and I really care about you a lot.’ I looked up at her. ‘You need to talk to him.’

‘I CAN’T!’ I shouted angrily. I wish I could run away like I usually would when I was angry. I’m not a coward, I just don’t want to hurt the people I love by shouting things at them, which I know I’ll regret later. This time there was nowhere to run to. I couldn’t go downstairs, I wasn’t ready to face him. I had no idea why I was so scared of facing him, I just knew that I felt embarrassed. Embarrassed because I’d kissed him, in front of everybody. My cheeks flushed again when I thought about it. ‘Just forget it.’ I whispered as I put my pyjamas on and went to bed.

‘Faith...’ Lily tried again but I ignored her and acted as if I was already asleep. After a while she just gave up, sighed and left the room. Only to wake me up again the next morning for school. We didn’t talk much but the look on her face said more than a thousand words. I got dressed and followed her down the stairs were we waited for Molly and Alice. When they joined us we went to breakfast. Okay, they went to breakfast. I just stuffed my face with everything I could find before clucking down a glass of Pumpkin Juice and running out of the Great Hall again. Just as I was about to sigh in relieve, I ran into the one person I did not want to run into. In my head I was shouting all the possible swearwords I could think of. I offered his hand but I declined as I jumped up and tried to run away again. Unfortunately, Remus and James were there to hold me back as Sirius grabbed my wrist at the same time.

‘Can we, can we talk?’ Sirius asked quietly. I looked at him, no doubt my face resembled a deer caught in the headlights of a car just about to be hit. My eyes flitted to the door and back to him for a few times until I realized there was no way out. I sighed in defeat before slumping down with my back against the wall until I was on the ground with my legs folded in front of me. Remus, Peter and James left in the direction of the Great Hall and Sirius sat down next to me. ‘Why are you avoiding me?’ He asked me. I looked down to avoid his eyes as I felt my cheeks flushing.

‘Am not.’ He raised an eyebrow at me, obviously not believing me at all.

‘Just tell me what’s wrong.’ He said with a sigh. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall.

‘Nothing’s wrong Sirius.’ I said.

‘Okay. If you won’t talk I’ll talk. Why did you run after you kissed me.’ My eyes flew open and my head re-collided with the wall. I swore loudly while rubbing my painful head. My head felt wet and sticky and I removed my hand to look at it. Scarlet blood was dripping from it. I swore again. I started to feel dizzy and black spots were appearing in my vision.

‘I think I have to go to the hospital wing before I pass-‘

----

I woke up in the hospital wing with Lily looking down at me with a scowl on her face. As soon as she saw I’d opened my eyes she helped me up before yelling, ‘How come every single time I leave you alone you end up in here!’