Chapter 1: How it all started

"So, what do you think, master?" Anakin asked while looking at the planet before him, flying his ship calmly. He glanced at Obi-Wan who was sitting in the seat next to him and noticed how he was fidgeting with his fingers and a drop of sweat was rolling down the side of his face.

Knowing that Obi-Wan still hated flying and everything related to it, Anakin smiled and made the ship fly even faster than before as they almost reached the surface.

"What do I think about what?" Obi-Wan rolled his eyes at Anakin's actions while his hands involuntarily gripped the sides of his chair a bit tighter.

"About the mission." Anakin answered, pushing some buttons to ready the ship for the landing.

Obi-Wan took in a deep breath as he lifted his hand to stroke his beard in a thoughtful manner, his eyebrows knitting together as his blue eyes took in the green of the planet. "I have to be honest with you, Anakin, I don't think I have ever heard of this planet before. I don't know what to expect."

"Obi-Wan Kenobi who doesn't know anything about a planet or what to expect?" Anakin took in a shocked breath. "Where is my former master and what have you done with him?!"

Obi-Wan sighed deeply and leaned his head on his hands. "I am not a walking databank, Anakin." He sarcastically said. "And slow down, I have no intention of crashing down and dying here."

Anakin laughed but did as he was told. "Still, for a weapon with this much power the senate is acting strangely calm about it nearly falling into the wrong hands. Even Padmé was vague when it came to the details."

"Well, we need not worry." Obi-Wan said as he straightened up in his chair. "We've got Rex with us and we've got some allies on the surface according to Yoda. And as I see now, the planet does look inviting."

Obi-Wan let his eyes wander over the numerous gigantic trees and mountains. There were multiple rivers and waterfalls coming from the hills that now shimmered beautifully in the light of the sun. The planet looked a lot like Naboo, only it seemed more wild and crowded with nature. If he was sure of one thing, it would be that the inhabitants of the planet loved their nature. Their city was overgrown with trees and other plants yet it looked elegant and strangely majestic.

"At least there's no sand." Anakin mumbled to himself.

~

"Yet another happy landing, I see?" Rex walked up to Obi-Wan and Anakin after they had exited their ships. He nodded at them: "General Kenobi, General Skywalker."

"It's good to have you with us, Rex." Anakin smiled as he patted his shoulder and made his way off the landing platform.

"I wouldn't refuse a getaway like this. No droids, no zombies from beneath the ground or any crazy sith." Rex sighed happily as he looked around. "What's the plan, general?" He asked as he looked at Obi-Wan expectantly.

"We will first need to take back the city since the weapon is stationed there. We will establish our base and drive the rebels away from it, after that we'll see what happens." Obi-Wan said. "For now we'll wait till everyone's here."

Obi-Wan looked at his surroundings and wondered where the rebels even were. He had expected them to attack the minute they'd landed yet there was no one to be seen. He turned to Rex, who had been on the planet for several weeks now.

"What do we know about the rebels?" Obi-Wan asked. "Is there any chance that there is Separist involvement?"

"Well, they're not the usual droids, that's for sure. They're highly intelligent for such an undeveloped planet but use extremely little technology or weapons to get what they want. As for the separatists, we have no reason to suspect that the valerians have formed an alliance with them. One thing's for sure; the separatists will try to get involved when they hear of this."