~Chapter three~

"I want you to know that I love you."

Rylan kept his eyes closed, pretending to be asleep in his cell... He hadn't slept properly in months. The cuts in his wrists were infected and oozy. The cold floor sent shivers up his body, aching on his dying body.

In the cell opposite him, two lovers... Mates... Saying goodbye to each other. He listened to their heart wrenching cries.

"It's going to be okay, nothing will happen." He assured her, his voice wobbling.

The woman had snuck in a few hours ago, they just layed together on the cold floor, whispering comforting things to each other tears falling.

Rylan had overheard that the women were planning an escape, but none of the men could move. The tight cuffs round their hands and ankles, laced with wolfsbane and silver poisoned their skin...

"You need to leave, I'll be fine. We'll get out too..." The man told his mate.

They shared their last goodbye, and she crept back off to the other side of the warehouse.

Rylan opened his eyes, staring into the darkness, his bloodshot eyes burning, his fangs sending shooting pains through his jaws, and the chemicals burning his insides.

He watched the light creep in through the cracks on the wall opposite him, he heard the women making their escape... And to his horror, their screams, bloodcurdling screams...

They never escaped.

The man opposite Rylan cried, knowing his mate was dead... He felt it in his chest, as his body collapsed.

He cried for hours, screaming out her name.... Until suddenly he went silent for a moment... Looking at Rylan.

"When you find your mate. Never let her go... It's more painful losing her, you'll regret everything you've ever done when you do lose her." The man said quietly to Rylan.

He was about to speak, when the guards barged into the room, with their weapons. Opening the cages and starting their torture for the day.

Rylan couldn't even scream as a guard poured a pail of boiling water over him. He had given up screaming.

He watched the man in front of him going through the same thing, his screams echoing through the halls.

The man in front of him died. Quietly, wanting his mate, in agony...and Rylan cried for him.... feeling his pain.

~

His eyes finally opened. He took a deep breath and smiled to himself when he smelt Adeline... He didn't want to accept the fact he had a mate now, but she smelt irresistible. He was still in the forest.

Adeline sat in his living room, she had only been here a few hours earlier, before he woke. They had to tell her about him, it was important she knew what he'd been through. Rylan's parents went through her questions, answering them as best as they could.

"What about food...?" She asked quietly. "Does he eat?"

"He doesn't really eat as much as he should, he's always hungry. And he doesn't feed Lucius, his Vampire side, as much as he should either... I don't think he likes to accept what he's been through, which is understandable." Brody explained. "Shall we take a walk? Go and find him?"

"Are you sure?" Adeline asked, looking at her parents for comfort.

"As long as you feel safe enough." Her father said squeezing her hand.

"He wouldn't try to hurt you, sweetie. He's doing his best." Susan comforted her. "You'll be safe with Brody."