Chapter Eleven

Elaine changed into a pair of jeans and button down red shirt and grabbed her handbag.

She checked her phone for the umpteenth time, hoping for a message from Sam and from Aaron as well.

She had briefly met Dr. McBurney and he had told her that it was just a hairline fracture but she still hadn’t gotten any message from the man himself.

She decided to drop by his place and also grab some food on the way. She was starved and he also didn’t look like the guy who cooked, from the amount of Chinese food he had ordered last night.

She didn’t care anymore. She enjoyed being around him and he was soothing to her heart and brain who had just came out of an emotional grinder.

She picked up hamburgers and fries and then also added two chicken salads at the last minute.

She parked outside his building and pulled down the visor to look into the mirror. She pulled her hair out of the ponytail and let them fall down to her waist in the natural waves.

She rummaged through her purse for some lip gloss but only found a tube of cherry flavored Blistex. When was the last time she purchased a lip gloss?

She grabbed the paper bags and stepped into the building. The guard greeted her and let her through. She got into the elevator and pressed the button for the penthouse.  The door slid open and a woman crashed into her.

“Oh my god. I am so sorry” The blonde as she stepped back and looked at Elaine.

“It’s alright” Elaine smiled politely at her and stepped aside. The elevator door closed and Elaine made her way to his door. That woman had come to meet Aaron.

“It is none of my business” Elaine muttered to herself and pressed the doorbell.

A minute later Aaron pulled the door open and Elaine almost stepped back as she took in his furious expression but it immediately vanished.

“Hey, you didn’t message so I thought I would drop by and I brought food.” She held up two paper bags.

He looked at her without responding and before Elaine could ask what was wrong, he suddenly pulled her towards him and she crashed into his rock hard chest. The next moment his lips had captured hers. The paper bags slipped from her hands and she steadied herself by placing her hands on his forearm.

Elaine felt the sorrow and the anguish in his heated kiss and her hands trailed up his arms and she knotted her fingers in his hair and kissed him back. Every nerve ending in her body was alive and desire seared through her veins. His hands tightened around her waist and her soft curves molded against his hard planes.

“Elaine” He whispered as he broke the kiss but kept his forehead against hers. She didn’t know what to say. Her brain was still trying to gather its wits after being blown away by the kiss.

“Hey you okay?” Elaine said as she traced his jaw line with her fingers.

He was still in his dress shirt and slacks and his jackets was buttoned open and the tie was hanging lose around his neck.

“Stay with me tonight Elaine. I need you” He said and closed his eyes.

Elaine kissed his cheek gently and nodded. She stepped away from him to close the door and picked up the paper bags from the floor and kept it on the table in the foyer. She was about to turn around when she noticed the engagement ring on the table. She picked it up. He was in love with another woman? Was it the one who had just bumped into her in the elevator?

She turned around and Aaron noticed the ring on her hand. He didn’t realize that Olivia had kept it on the table before leaving.

“It’s a long story.”

“Is this why you are upset? Because your engagement broke? You never told me you were engaged!” Elaine almost yelled. She had been with him from the past three days and even though she didn’t know what they had between them, yet still he failed to mention to her that he had a fiancée.

For Christ sake she was in bed with him last night. Did she saw them in bed last night and presumed the worse?

“Did she end this because I was here last night?”

Aaron forced out a laugh at that question. He never cheated on his women even if it was a fling but he sure as hell wished things were that simple right now.

“I was engaged but it ended before I met you”

Elaine kept the ring back on table.

“I have to leave.”

“No, please don’t leave” Aaron said and Elaine saw the pain in his eyes.

“Why should I? I mean what are we doing Aaron? What is this going on between us?” Elaine asked.

“I don’t know what this is but I know that whatever it is, it feels so damn right. I need you to be here Elaine…”

Fuck no….was he again going in the same direction as he had with Olivia? Needing her? What the hell was wrong with him? No No…Elaine deserved far better than a broken shell of a man than him. He would screw her up. He was beyond repair and he would just pull her under along with him. He wasn’t capable of loving; he was too messed up in the head. She needed to leave and stay as far as away from him.

Elaine watched as emotions flicked across his expressions and then his eyes were ice cold.

“You are right. You should leave. You know the way out.” Aaron said and he turned around and walked away.

A short one with a cliff hanger.
Might update again in a few hours.
Hope you enjoyed this one! 😝
Please vote and comment.