Baby

One month later

*********

EVE

So me and Heath had been thinking and thinking of names, asking for opinions and thoughts from Lucy and Joe. With only less than a month till our little girl was due, I was becoming more a more anxious, I had a hospital appointment less than a week ago and had been told she might come earlier, so me a Heath had a bag of clothes in emergency. The morning sickness had become worse and the tablets I have been given aren't working. Sleep was a problem, my average hours of sleep are four hours give or take a few. I had become worse with my eating and that was also having a growing effect on me. I was determined to get through this no matter what, because this was about me and Heath starting a future together. Over the month we had the spare bedroom turned into a baby room as Heath had now bought this hotel room as a permanent place for us. The room had light baby pink walls and a wooden cot, along with all the clothes and equipment we had got a while ago. It was exciting for all of us, and Heath had his eyes on me all the time , literally, all the time, every second of the day, it was sweet but kinda creepy at the same time. He cared that's all.

It was August 25, a Wednesday evening at 7:45pm, we were all peacefully watching tv and snuggling up on the two snuggle sofas.

"Me and Joe are going for lunch tomorrow, you guys can come or go out by your selves, we don't mind." Lucy announced from the sofa where she was cuddling Joe.

"I don't mind, it's up to Evie." Heath replied smiling down at me.

"Let's go out on our own, it will be fun, we could go to a restaurant near the Eiffel Tower." I smiled up at him.

"Okay sure." He replied.

"We will see you back here right?" Lucy checked.

"Yea, you guys have fun. I'm going to get a early night." I heaved myself off the couch and said goodnight to everyone.

"Night Eve, and baby." Heath whispered kindly when I came to him.

"Night Heath." I replied barely a whisper.

Then he kissed me softly on the lips. He cupped my face while I ruffled his hair. It was a nice kiss and left me tingling, when we parted reluctantly, and smiled cheekily.

"I'll be in soon." He smiled huskily.

"I'll probably be asleep, but okay." I laughed then moved away.

I smiled softly at all of them before walking slowly away, god my back hurt so much!

***********

Two weeks later

HEATH

Wow, we were close, really close, it was now September and the baby is due one week from now. I was nervous, but then again it's Eve that's got to go through it all. The thing is the closer we get to the date of birth the calmer Eve gets, I'm surprised, but happy she's not sad or in too much pain.

I sat on the bed and looked in the news paper, Lucy told me I should start reading more news papers, as knowing the news of the world would be a good thing for when the baby comes. I don't see why, at all, but you know, might as well try.

I turned the page where there were dogs cats and other animals, then I looked at the other page. My face burned and I suddenly couldn't hear anything but my roaring blood. In the distance I could hear Eve calling my name worriedly.

Suddenly the paper was snatched out my hand, and I snapped out of my anger. I looked up to see Eve's eyes watering.

"Evie it's okay, don't worry people won't care, anyway who cares if anyone knows, we don't care it doesn't matter anymore, plus the picture, so what people will find out eventually." I took the paper from her shaking hands.