Chapter 6

After he left I curled up in the thick covers of the bed. Wondering why they locked the door in the first place. It wasn't like I could escape from here, there was to many people. And if I was able to escape me and my mate would both become weaker. I was already weak and wouldn't be able to survive alone in the woods if i was weaker than I already was. After a while I must have dozed off because when I opened my eyes a plate laid on the nightstand. It had a piece of grilled chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes. I picked up the warm plate and set it on my lap. I picked up the fork and pushed the food around my plate. I was hungry but I felt that if I ate I wouldn't be able to stomach it. But I thought about what Kaden said and took a few bites of food. Then I set the plate aside.

After a few minutes I started feeling queasy and my skin turned pale. I stood up and quickly ran to the bathroom. I kneeled by the toilet and threw up everything I had just eaten. The burning in my throat hurt as I threw up for the first time in a long time. After a few minutes my stomach settled down and I grabbed a wash rag and wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet. I grabbed the bottle of water Anna had left with the food and sipped on it. I decided to go in the closet and put pajamas on. I grabbed a pair of PINK grey leggings. And a PINK pink long sleeves shirt. I crawled into the bed and closed my eyes. After a while I was awoken when the door opened and closed. I looked up to see Anna she looked at the plate then looked at me and sighed.

"Emmeline you have to eat. Your just hurting yourself by not eating." She said the friendly smile she wore earlier gone. "Kadens gonna be upset that you barely even touched your food" she sighed. Everything she said made me mad. Does she think I wanted to be an omega. Does she think I wanted my aunt to die. Does she think I chose to be alone in those woods with barely enough food to keep me alive. I can't help my stomach can't handle food after eleven years of never being full. I sent her a cold glare and she looked taken aback. I had been shy this whole time but she had just crossed the line.

I let a short low growl escape my throat as I threw myself back under the covers. "Fine then don't eat. Let yourself starve I don't care. I don't care about you I was only doing this for my brother. I don't even see why he bothers to keep you around. A mute omega like you could never be luna to the strongest pack in the world. So when Kaden comes in here and rejects you don't even try and act surprised. Pretty soon you'll be back in the wood on your own like a wild animal. Your gonna die out there and guess what I don't care. My brother doesn't care, the pack doesn't care, nobody cares about you!" She yelled before slamming the door and stomping off. Every word she said reopened old scars. It was not the fact she yelled, it was the fact she was right. No one cared about me. I would be better off dead. No one needs me. I could never be a Luna. I could never be anyone's mate. No way in the world could I be an alphas mate.

I let the hot tears pool in my eyes as I stood up from the bed. I went to the bathroom and grabbed a razor blade from under the sink. I took it and sunk the blade into the skin of my arm. The pain of the blade in my skin temporarily making me forget about the pain of things I had no control over. I cut myself until the pain was unbearable. I took a wet towel and cleaned the blood off the floor and my arms.

Then I returned to the bed and laid there. I thought of my aunt Kathy as I clutched the flower on the necklace. She cared about me. She loved me. She protected me and took care of me. But she isn't here any more. So that means no one cares about me. No one loves me. No ones gonna protect and take care of me. I'm broken who would want to love, protect, care about, ortake care of me. Nobody that's who. Why is Fate so cruel I thought as I curled up into a ball. I was greatful the long sleeve shirt covered the self inflicted wounds on my arms.