18 : date

Polly looked over at Ethan before staring back at me as I watched her, not choosing to say anything while my gaze flickered over her shoulder to where Harry was standing, arms crossed over his chest

"What are you talking about?" Ethan curiously asked as I slowly inhaled, preparing for the worst.

My body stiffened in surprise when Polly wrapped her arms around me, hugging me close.

"It's perfectly normal to have a fear of drowning after what happened on my birthday." She squeezed me tight, my eyes wide when she pulled away with a warm, understanding smile.

I blinked.

"I didn't know that, so are you like scared of water now?" Ethan asked, gently grabbing my arm so I would look at him, my eyes too busy glued to Harry's from across the room as he sent me a smug expression.

"Uh, yeah, I guess." I responded in a distracted tone before the sound of yelling emanated down the hall from the living room.

"Can I play a bit of screamo?" Someone asked.

"No you cannot play screamo, who the fuck even invited you here Tucker, get the fuck out of my house." Alan's voice followed right after, causing Ethan and Polly to head to the living room, wanting to watch and see if there was a fight about to occur leaving Harry and I alone in the kitchen.

We glanced at one another from across the room.

"You didn't tell her." I stated, squinting my eyes at him uncertainty.

"Someone told me it wasn't my place to tell." Harry simply shrugged, running a hand through his hair, green eyes flickering over my frame before settling back on my face.

"You know he has to tell her soon though, right." He didn't forget to remind me one a more serious note as I nodded.

"I'll talk to him." I said, taking out something from the pocket of my jacket.

"Here," I said, extending his wallet back to him as he gave me a look.

"You know I left it there for a reason." He pointed out, squinting at me as if I only contained one brain cell.

"It's too much," I insisted with a stern expression

"Don't be stubborn, just take it-"

"Okay." I quickly said, already pocketing the wallet as Harry's eyes widened.

"Well jeez sorry I had to twist your arm there." He spoke with an amused scoff, eyeing me like I had just stolen one of his belongings as I stared back at him.

"You said to take it." I reasoned, stuffing my hands in my pockets and shifting on my feet.

He bit his lip, nodding and resting his hands on the counter behind him, toned, tattooed arms straining against the fabric of his polo as I caught him staring at me.