♱Chapter 30♱

Alec's P•O•V

My chambers in the west wing of the castle had always been my hiding place. All throughout my life, I spent hours up here with nothing but the peaceful silence and distance from my kingdom and responsibility. To say I enjoyed it here was an understatement, and I couldn't think of a more relaxing place to bring Raven.

She should be coming soon. The clock on the wall read 11:54.

I sighed and waited patiently, sitting on the edge of the bed with the traditional attire for an heir's mating on my shoulder blades. Supposedly, this was fit for a "delayed turning" as my mother had told me.

A collar made of hard black leather encircled my throat with chains draping over my biceps, chest, and back. Whoever came up with the tradition must have an acquired fashion taste, I must say.

I listened close for the sound of Raven's soft footsteps coming up the stairwell down the hall, or even a faint breath, but I didn't. Instead I heard a gust of wind coming up the stairwell and then the clatter of high heels rushing down the hall.

"Alec! Alec!" Piper yelled as if I couldn't already hear her. Soon enough, my sister burst through the door.

I shot up from the bed and stood. On her face was an expression of fright and she looked distraught.

"What's wrong? Where's -" I asked, about to question her on where Raven was, but Piper cut me off.

"It's Raven." She breathed, looking at me woefully.

I didn't stop to ask any questions. I was in the hall outside of Raven's room within seconds, the chains around my chest clashing against my skin.

Her door was open as I was faced with my grandmother, my parents, and more than a few guards. They all went silent as I stood in the doorway of my Soulmate's room.

"Alec..." Mother murmured. In her hand was a note.

"Where is she?" I asked, entering her room and feeling the cool night air hit me. I turned my head and saw the balcony doors wide open and the wind blowing through them. My mother opened her mouth then closed it, not knowing what to say.

"Where is Raven?!" I snapped, approaching the guards. My loud voice boomed in their faces, causing them to flinch.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off suddenly, making the metal chains shake. I turned to see my mother looking up at me pitifully.

She didn't say anything, just handed me the note sullenly. I ripped it out of her hand, unintentionally harsh.

I wanted her. Now I have her.
~ DM

Raven's P•O•V

My head throbbed like I had drank a whole bottle of tequila the night before. The side of my face was insatiably cold from the cement floor underneath it. Where was I?

As I forced my eyes open, two dress shoes faced me sideways. I gasped and sat quickly, hauling my body up as I could not move my arms since they were bound behind my back. I huffed and glared up at a distorted DeMalo.

Candles illuminated the whole stone room. The glow set an every feeling over the place that resembled a cave.

He squatted down in front of me like he had earlier that night in my closet. I growled at him, trying to force out the string of curse words I wanted to spill on to him, but nothing came out.