54| i love you

"We can end this all, and I can let go, if you tell me right now that you don't love me."

Y/N POV

"It's going to be okay, Mione." I said and gave her a gentle, comforting hug.

She looked down at her wand and then back up at me. The look on her face was heartbreaking. But, I couldn't blame her.

"Hermione. Tea's ready, darling." Her fathers muffled voice rang from downstairs.

"I'll be waiting outside when you finish." I said gently.

She nodded, then turned around and walked out of her room. I grabbed my jacket and opened her window, coming out the way I came in moments before.

It only took a few moments, then I saw Hermione walk out of her entryway and close the door behind her. She then tucked her wand away in her back pocket and looked up at me with glossy eyes.

"It's finished." She said—so quietly that I could barely make out her words.

"I'm so sorry." I said, giving her a sympathetic look.

She nodded, not in the mood to talk. However, it was hard to ignore the several tears beginning to spill from her eyes. I immediately pulled her into a hug, trying to comfort her as best as I could, "Hey, it's what's best."

She sniffles and pulls away, nodding as if she knew this day would eventually come.

"Let's go." She said, wiping the remaining tears off her face and began walking down the cobblestone road.

I looked up at the grey sky, and noticed it was slightly raining. Hell, even the sky was crying. These were dark times, and there's no denying.

───────────────

"Y/n, come downstairs," My mother called from the living room. "Now."

Five months have passed since I last saw Hermione, Harry, or Ron. Last time I saw them, they left to go find Voldemort's last Horcrux's. I haven't seen Draco in eight months. I'd be lying if I had said the pain wasn't there.

I was forced to stay here, serving for the Dark Lord. Every ounce of me wanted to just escape it all, but I know I would never make it. Especially not alone. I've thought about talking to Draco, but I have no idea how. He's gone.

How do I tell him exactly how helpless I feel, standing by like a puppet while everyone is at war with each other?

I sigh and make my way down the main stairwell, walking elegantly with my shoulders back and my head held high.

"Don't let anyone see your weakness. Stand up straight and keep your head held high." My mother would tell me.

I made my way over to her, not bothering to look at the three silhouettes standing in the faint lighting of our front entryway.

"Yes, mother?" I asked, flashing an expressionless look at her.

"We have guests." She said, an evil looking grin plastered across her face.