23 : Wait For It

Death doesn't discriminate
Between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes
And we keep living anyway
We rise and we fall
And we break
And we make our mistakes
And if there's a reason I'm still alive
When everyone who loves me has died
I'm willing to wait for it

23 : Wait For It (edited)

tw: torture

The day started out perfect for Catherine — waking up in James's arms and being able to press a chaste kiss on his forehead. She smiled to herself as she watched him still in deep sleep, unconsciously hugging her tighter. Wanting to shift to a more comfortable position, Catherine tried to move James's hand, but upon touching it, she felt her gut being jabbed once more as she was teleported to her dorm.

Catherine groaned in slight pain, rubbing her abdomen as she rolled over her bed. "I have got to learn how to fucking control it." She stretched her arms upon standing on the floor, turning to check if she had disturbed her room mates, only to see the three of them standing in one line with their arms crossed as they stared at her. Catherine jolted in surprise, pressing a hand to her chest as she let out a short laugh. "The lot of you scared me."

"We scared you? You scared us!" Lily exclaimed with a disapproving click of her tongue. "Where were you, Cathy? You disappeared yesterday, and the boys said they couldn't find James. We thought the two of you ran away together."

Catherine flushed in slight embarrassment. "I'm sorry." She approached them and threw her arms around them with a large grin. "It won't happen again. I promise."

Marlene chuckled, patting her on the back. "You're a big girl, Cathy. Go do what you want to do, just don't scare us like that."

"So, what happened to you two?" Alice asked.

Catherine let out a breath before telling them about her brother's best friend whom she met in Tomes and Scrolls all the way to the sudden appearance of Death Eaters near Hog's Head. She skipped out teleporting to The Shrieking Shack, considering how they weren't aware of her Merlin magic except for Lily whom she had told a couple of days ago.

She took a shower and got dressed quickly in a collared shirt with a vest and tucked in a black skirt. She stuffed her feet in a pair of shoes before shuffling out of the room and waving goodbye to her friends. She couldn't avoid the little bounce in her step and huge grin on her face as she stepped out of the Gryffindor Common Room, excited to see James.

A thought flashed across her mind and Catherine scrunched her nose in a thoughtful manner. After what just happened yesterday, she wasn't so sure about what to think of Peter Pettigrew anymore. She hasn't heard his side of the story, because after all, she might be too quick to judge him. He might just be a misunderstood teenage boy.

She shook her head to clear herself from Peter-related thoughts as she focused on James. God, she was so in love with him even a bat could probably see it.

She had just left the huge castle grounds, entering the path that led to Hogsmeade, only to be stopped by someone's fingers latching onto her wrist as two people flanked either sides of her. Catherine's eyes flashed around in a startled manner, not expecting to see those two people. "Malfoy? Lestrange?"

Lucius smirked, gripping her wrist tighter, "'Ello, Valentine."

Catherine gritted her teeth, refusing to move an inch, afraid she would end up throwing a right hook straight to his jaw. "Don't. Call. Me. That."