Not All Sundays Are Good

Chapter One - Not All Sundays Are Good

"Scarlet!?" My dad shouted for the third time from the hall downstairs while I was getting ready. I had chosen a black tank top with blue denims, matching perfectly with my boots. I wasn't supposed to dress professional as I wasn't attending the meeting. Deciding to leave my wavy locks falling upon my shoulder, I shouted back to dad that I was ready.

Hanging my sling bag over my shoulder, I glanced at the watch. 10 a.m.

The meeting starts at 10:30 a.m. Better hurry up. I sprinted down the stairs to the living room and dad was dressed up in his usual business attire as he was glancing down at his watch in every two seconds.

He looked up at me. "I was about to leave without you Scar. You take so much time to get ready,"

"Sorry," I muttered as I offered him a cheeky smile, which he returned with a shake of his head and finally a smile.

Dad hurriedly walked towards the front door while I turned to Mrs. Byrne, who was humming a song while dusting the furniture.

"Umm Mrs. Byrne. Is Jimmy still asleep?" I asked.

She looked up and paused her work. "Yeah I guess. Should I check up on him?"

"No no it's fine. Just take care of him,"

"Ofcourse dear," She gave me a warm smile and I returned it.

"Scarlet. Hurry up," Dad called from the front door and I hurriedly ran up to him. Leaving the house, we walked towards our garage and dad picked up his keys from the stand.

"Dad," I called and he paused to look back at me.

"Can we go in my Lambo? I haven't drove her in a while. Please?"

Sighing, he nodded. "But hurry up," He placed the key back and I picked up another shiny metallic key from the stand.

Pressing the button, my beautiful matte black car beeped in the corner and we walked over to it.

I sighed in relief at the comfort from the leather seats and started the engine. It was 10:10 when I drove the car out of our driveway and stretched its tyres across the busy New York roads.

Racing the car through short cuts and narrow streets, I was glad to have covered almost half the distance.

"Scarlet. Is this how you always drive?" Dad asked and I turned to my right.

"Uh yeah,"

He raised a brow at me.

"No I mean no. Ofcourse not. I'm not crazy dad," I let out a nervous laugh but dad had the same skeptical look on his face and I turned my gaze to the road once more.

I still felt his narrowed gaze on me. "Okay. Do you wanna get there on time or not?"

Out of my peripheral vision, I saw him look down at his watch once more and nod. "Ofcourse. Just drive,"

After about five minutes, I turned the corner and looked at the distance in GPS. We were there.

A huge multi storeyed building stood on our left as I looked at the clear reflection of our car and the busy street on its complete glass exterior. Without getting out of the car, I could make out the intimidating aura of the building as a few well dressed professionals walked out of it. The word 'Sinclair' was written in big shiny gray letters on it.

"Scarlet," My dad called me and I turned to him. "We're getting late,"

"Yeah. Why don't you go inside and I'll park the car,"