Chapter 26: Beware of Death Threats

and some of you thought i gave up ;) FINALLY AFTER PRETTY MUCH MORE THAN A YEAR (oops) - I HAVE UPDATED. that's right - i'm not deleting this no matter how bad my writing was in the beginning! don't lie, it wasn't that good lol. please read author's note bc it's important and holds explanation! ignore weird mistakes and typos, enjoy xx

* * *

R E C A P (which you could easily do by skimming the last 3 chapters but if you don't wanna)

Adrian convinces Macey to come along with him to a banquet where he ends up being kind of a douche bag and abandoning her at the party without a word as he goes with an old friend named Kassie. Macey loses her common sense in her fuming state and decides to walk home in the pouring rain, into which Chase has to come take her to Kelly's where she gets a real nasty cold. Adrian also comes and says more mean things and just screws everything up, but tries to mend things with a teddy bear he slips into her room in the middle of the night.

all caught up? cool! continue on.

* * *

I knew that letting the girls know about Adrian's nighttime delivery wasn't going to compare to any reactions they've had in the past when I received some kind of sweet gesture. I almost predicted the exact way they were going to handle this and, honestly, I shouldn't have expected any less.

I sat on top of my bed, not at all fazed by the way each of them were reacting. Dylan and Brynn have been spewing out threats since they walked in and saw the bear sitting on my bed, along with the two word note. Always one to handle situations with her head rather than her emotions, Amber has taken it upon herself to try and save the innocent stuffed animal from their evil clutches.

"Dylan, honestly. Put the bear down."

The girl in action scowled at Amber's pleading demand. "I'm going to do it," Dylan warned. "I'm going to throw this thing out the window."

"What good will that do?" Amber argued in return.

Her nose scrunched as she considered it. "Can I rip its head off instead, then?"

It was safe to say that neither of the girls were swayed anymore than I was. It was sweet that he remembered our bear giving tradition, but it wasn't enough of an apology after what happened. I was still suffering from the aftereffects of that night, both physically and emotionally.

"Well . . . When you think about it," Brynn began as she tore the bear from Dylan's angry vice grip, "I think it'd be better if you ripped its head off or something. Dropping it from Macey's window means it's just going to end up in the front yard. At least this way you can do some harm. Getting it dirty won't exactly make the statement you're looking for."

"Oh, come on, guys," Amber piped once more, trying and failing to save the thing from the hands of two girls whose judgement was clouded with anger and disgust.

Brynn snorted and handed the bear back to Dylan, who proceeded to pull at the arms. "You come on, Amber. This is the best Adrian can do after how he treated her? A stupid, sappy bear that says 'I love you' and a lame I'm sorry note?"

"The guy sure knows how to express his love and affection," Dylan added in a drawl. "It's going to take a whole lot more than a couple bucks spent to win Macey's forgiveness back." She turned to me with narrowed eyes. "You better not forgive him so easily, Mace."

It was my turn to snort. "The bear's cute and all, but he's an idiot if he thinks it'll win me back." I turned away as I recalled all the hurtful things that he said and done that brought us to where we were now. Completely disregarding me at the banquet before abandoning me all together to be with Kassie, his calling me stupid and degrading what we had for nothing more than just friends with benefits. Even if we weren't officially together in a relationship, the way he threw those words at me were demeaning when you factor in our feelings.