11: A thing that people might call "a mistake"

UPDATE: I HAVE FINALLY BETA'D THIS EVERYONE. I THINK I CHANGED A FEW WORDS AND PROOFREAD THEM ALL. I'M ALSO GOING TO PROOFREAD BTGOM, LATER. THANK YOU.

NOW OFF I GO TO ACTUALLY DIVE INTO THE PILE OF HOMEWORK AND REST PEACEFULLY. //dies.

AND I AM SORRY FOR THE HUNDRED PLUS PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN READING MY CRAPPY WRITING.

*-*-*-*

11: A thing that people might call "a mistake"

*-*-*-*

✯ Aomine Daiki ✯

Click, click, click.

I pushed the tip of my ballpoint pen repeatedly in annoyance, waiting for Kaede. She told me to wait here and that she would be buying something from the vending machine, but it had been seven minutes and she hasn't even returned yet! God, does that girl knows how much I hate waiting? I didn't feel much dread as I felt during the day of the incident, but still I felt.. worried?

Woah there Aomine, you're actually having the decency to worry over Kaede now? What happened to not caring about anyone but yourself?

I was about to get up from the steel chair when I found the translucent door to the vending machine pushed open, and out Kaede went, smiling happily and laughing with another... guy?

I felt a feeling of domination towards her, the feeling to punch the lights out of the guy.

What the hell? How come he hadn't know what had happened?

Rumors circled around the school, noticing how close I've been to Kaede recently, and they didn't actually dare to come near her under my glare. Kaede hasn't noticed it yet. Sometimes I wonder just how dense she is.

They walked over to the table where I was, still laughing. When Kaede saw me, she gave me a brightened smile, before turning back to the guy. I wonder, which Dorm would this guy be in? My eyes wandered over him in search for his "symbol".

A sudden bright color grabbed my attention, and my eyes settled on his bicep, and saw a bright orang sash tied around it. His bicep was also contracting and relaxing, as he talked with Kaede.

"Aomine," My attention focused onto the caramel-haired girl, noticing that her eyes were sparkling, as if she had experienced something happy. Hmph. "This is Sugimoto Yoichi, a friend of mine." She motioned towards him, and he held his hand out. "Ichi, this is Aomine."

Ichi? Ouch. That quite hurt me a bit. They just met and now they're calling each other nicknames?

I practically glared at the outstretched hand, before masking it with a usual uninterested expression with the yawn. "Yeah, yeah," Under Kaede's glare, I took his hand and shook it, though lazily.

"I was in the same daー Ow!" He yelped in pain, grasping his foot. Kaede shot his a glare before turning back to me.

"He's in the same... class as me when we were eleven. But then I transferred here," she grinned sheepishly, secretly tossing him another glare.

Oho, stop it right there, missy. Don't think I didn't see it there.

And I'm having a feeling that I'm missing out in something big here.

But me, being the usual me, didn't even try to pry further. Too lazy to. Sooner or later, it'll come to me. I then glanced at Kaede. "Tutoring's ended, you know where the nearest shopping mall is? I need to get myself basketball stuff." I told her, stuffing my pen into the side pocket of my bag.