twenty-six: i'm not suicidal

"I'm gonna kill him."

"I think this bruise makes me look badass." I said as I looked at myself in the small mirror. I set the small mirror down on my lap, and watched my brother pace back and forth in front of my hospital bed."I don't understand why they brought me in here. I'm completely fine. Just a bruise." I shrugged, placing my hand over my jaw.

"That fucking asshole punched you. He punched you!"

"Yes. We went over this, Geoffrey." I rolled my eyes, throwing my head back against my not-so-soft pillow."Where's Camila?" I asked him, hoping it would distract him.

"She's on her way." He mumbled, waving his hand dismissively as he continued pacing."When I see him, I'm gonna kill him."

"Did you tell her what happened?"

"Hell yeah I did!" Geoffrey shouted angrily, huffing, still pacing. I was starting to get dizzy because of his pacing, so I decided to close my eyes and rest a little.

But then the door opened, and I opened my eyes a little to see who it was. Camila stood there, an angry expression on her face with two men behind her. I furrowed my eyebrows, sitting up and looked at them weirdly.

"What's going on?"

"Well, I was on my way over here when they stopped and asked me if they could come in and question you." Camila explained, throwing her purse and jacket on the chair near my bed. She tied her hair up, looking frustrated and tired as she did.

"Questions for what?" I tilted my head a little.

"There were witnesses who saw the boy who punched you," One of the men started, stepping in front of Camila to be closer to me."But no one wants to answer questions. Now, your friends who helped you, they say to ask you because as the tall one said and I quote," He flipped his small notebook opened, then read the words he wrote."'Ask her, because I don't know if she wants to turn him in or not. I don't know what she would say...apparently I don't know her enough because she doesn't trust me to know the most important thing to happen in your life happened.'"

He cleared his throat awkwardly, then flipped his notebook shut.

My lips twitched a little, a humorless chuckle escaping my lips as I laid back on the bed. Dinah. Sounds just like her.

"I'm not pressing charges." I shook my head at myself, crossing my arms over my chest as I saw the shocked the expressions past my brother and sister's faces. One of the two men nodded, the other one seemed unsatisfied, like he knew something I didn't. So I decided to point it out."What?" I looked right at him.

He shrugged."This boy hit you. He punched you." I nodded, a little hesitant because I was getting confused."What if he hits another girl, thinking it's fine because you didn't press charges?"

"I don't know." I answered, knowing it wasn't one anyone wanted to receive. I huffed at him when he shook his at me, rolling my eyes, uncrossing my arms.

"Very well then," The other man said, glancing at everyone in the room before clearing his throat."We will let you rest now." I huffed as a response, shaking my head as they both made their way out of my room.

"Can I go home now?"

"No." Camila and Geoffrey said together, and I mumbled under my breath as I slouched down.

Suddenly, the door opened again, and I thought it was the same two guys from earlier but then I saw my parents walking in with two other guys with scrubs on. I raised my eyebrow, sitting up excitedly because this meant I was going home. Right?