day 28

day 28
00:00

NAMJOON decided to sleep over after all, and in clothes.

there was a moment where jin contemplated making up the couch for namjoon to sleep on, but he quickly disregarded the idea. it'd be stupid of him to put the boy he'd been crushing on to sleep on the couch when they could both share his bed.

that was their current situation at the moment; sharing a bed.

jin's king sized bed fit the both of them comfortably, yet they were shoulder to shoulder under the charcoal gray covers.

namjoon felt like he was at a second home when he first walked into jin's room. he was half expecting the space to be painted in pinks and pastels, but it was his surprise when it was everything but.

the walls were a painted a cobalt blue color, the borders were a shade darker. the mahogany flooring that took up most of jin's home stopped at his room, replacing the deep wood with fluffy, black carpet. there were paintings of retro diner  landscapes on his walls and glow in the dark space stickers on his black ceiling.

all in all, jin's room was dark; darker than namjoon expected it to be.

however, when jin pulled back the duvet on his bed, the sheets make namjoon break out into a smile.

satin, amber colored sheets with small cows sewed into the fabric. "cute," the younger commented under his breath, watching jin take up the left side of the bed.

back to present times, it was twelve in the morning and neither male was tired. they laid in a silence full of peace, listening to the cars whiz by and staring at the tiny planets and stars adorning jin's onyx ceiling.

after a few moments of quiet, jin spoke, "was this really a date?" the question floated around his mind ever since the younger brought it up earlier.

more silence. a small laugh was given from namjoon.

"can i tell you a secret?" from not having spoken for some time, his voice was gravely and husky. jin hummed in response, letting him know to keep talking.

"i've counted every moment we were alone together as a date. from when we took a stroll in the forrest behind the rest of the guys, when you recorded that song from me and when we listened to it on the parking lot floor," namjoon chortled at the recollection. "even when you threw up on me that one time."

he received a light smack across the chest from jin, who was still embarrassed that he was even in said situation.

namjoon turned over onto his side so he could face jin, who was still on his back. at the movement of the boy beside him, jin's heart rate quickened. he turned his head to get a glance at namjoon, who stared at him adoringly in the dark.

"this is going to sound really cheesy, but the moonlight looks pretty on your skin." jin's voice was barely above a whisper. he always felt so mesmerized by how pretty namjoon was.

pretty, and patient, and absolutely incredible. inside and out namjoon was a collection of beauty in all of its synonyms.

a blush flamed across the younger's cheeks and the bridge of his nose.

jin liked how the color in namjoon's face intensified whenever he got flustered; it was like a painting of acrylics and watercolor. two different elements seeming to work surprisingly well with one other when put together properly.

"don't say stuff like that." namjoon mumbled under his breath. he avoided jin's unwavering gaze then, feeling small under his eyes. sometimes, he forgot that he was younger than him, but never failed to remember whenever jin made comments that caused his face to heat up and his insides to turn.