Chapter 27

Whew... I am so so so so sorry!!

I am currently traveling and I couldn't get hold of a wifi spot to upload!! >.<

I wrote this as fast as I could so I'm so sorry if it's short or of there are loads of mistakes.. >.<

I promise to upload another one when I get back home alright?

Thanks so much for bearing with me!! <3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally getting her mouth to open, she blurted out, "YOU LOVE THEM!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As one, the four of them stared at her blankly before blurting a stunned "What?" in unison.

"No! Wait, no!.... That wasn't what I meant!! I meant..." She tried to correct herself, but she couldn't help herself and started bursting into uncontrollable giggles.

She had NOT been expecting that. She couldn't believe she'd blurted out the wrong thing, but their reactions were the funniest. They looked so confused, that she couldn't help the giggles that continuously wracked her body.

"Layla, care to fill us in on what is so funny cara? And what did you mean by that? Who do we love?" Damon drawled out, his voice tinged with amusement as he watched the tiny woman in front of him giggling like crazy.

Trying to control her giggles, Layla turned around and faced her back to them, breathing in and out deeply.

When she'd finally calmed down, she took another breath for courage before closing her eyes.

"I love you. I love all four of you." She finally whispered.

Her words were met with complete silence.

And it scared her.

Worriedly, she opened her eyes and peeked over her shoulder at them, looking to see why the four of them showed no response to her confession at all, and felt a chill crawl up her spine when she was met with four emotionless faces.

Why were they not showing any response? Were they happy? Were they angry? Did they actually not love her? Have they been playing her all along? Had it all just been her imagination?

Her brain instantly flooded with all kinds of doubts and questions. The weak part of her scoffing and laughing at how stupid she had been to actually believe that all four of them loved her.

That they would actually want her.

Just as she was about to turn around and run out of the house, without thinking where to go or how she was going to go home when she had no money for a plane ticket, Matt sprang up from his seat, causing his chair to screech loudly as it flew backwards.

Layla watched wide eyed, as Matt strode long and fast strides until he was standing in front of her, and gently gripped her shoulders.

"What did you say?" Matt's voice was whisper soft, and it was only because she was standing barely inches from him that she could hear him.

She frantically searched his face for any clue that he was upset by her confession, but he hid his emotions well. So well, that Layla had no idea what to do.