7

Lucy sat on the gray round couch as she waited for Natsu.

When the white door opened, she turned her head and met his gaze as he entered.

“What did you want to talk about?” he asked as he closed the door.

What she said next made his world crumble like it was judgment day.

“I want a divorce.”

It took him more than a moment to process what she just said.

“What?” was all he could say.

“I said I want a-”

She started but a loud sound of shattering glass lamp cut her off, making her stand up. Natsu had grabbed the nearest object he could see, which was unfortunately an expensive glass lamp on top of a brown drawer and threw it on the floor shattering it into tiny pieces.

“Natsu!” Lucy shouted as she stared at the broken lamp in shock.

“IS THERE SOMEONE ELSE?!” He shouted, anger in his voice. He was always scary when he was angry, but this time he was scarier.

“What are you talking about?” she asked. Confused at him.

“You’re breaking up with me because there’s another man, huh?! FUCK IT! I’M GONNA FIND HIM AND KILL THE FUCKING BASTARD!” he shouted.

Lucy couldn’t believe it, he thought she was having an affair that’s why she wanted to get a divorce.

“You think I’m having an affair?!” she shouted back, pointing to herself as she did.

“I don’t think it’s impossible with that body of yours! ANY MAN WOULD DIE FOR THAT!” he shouted.

“Are you serious?! IS THAT WHAT YOU’RE REALLY THINKING RIGHT NOW?!” her voice was getting louder.

“SO WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO DIVORCE ME?!”

“You idiot! I’M NOT SOME SLUT WHO WOULD SLEEP WITH JUST ANYONE!” she continued as she stomped closer to him, flailing her hands in all directions. They were now screaming at each other’s faces.

“THEN FOR THE LOVE OF- TELL ME WHY, LUCE?!! TELL ME THE FUCKING REASON WHY YOU’RE BREAKING MY HEART?!” he said.

“Because that’s what you obviously want! You think I don’t know?!” she shouted back.

Now it was his turn to be confused.

“YOU WON’T EVEN MAKE LOVE TO ME ANYMORE, SAYING YOU’RE ‘TIRED’- OH PLEASE! THEN YOU TELL ME TO QUIT MODELLING! Obviously you’re ashamed to show me off to the world! And now you’re telling me that I’m having an affair?! AM I REALLY THE ONE HAVING AN AFFAIR HERE? FUNNY ‘CAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS ACTUALLY YOU WHO WAS SLEEPING WITH ANOTHER WOMAN!!” she exclaimed, refusing to shed a tear. That’s it, she said it.

“What? What woman?!” he had confusion written all over his face.

“DON’T PLAY DUMB WITH ME! I SAW YOU WITH A WOMAN AT THE COMPANY! SHE WAS HUGGING YOU AND YOU LET HER! YOU DIDN’T EVEN TRY TO PUSH HER AWAY!” she shouted.

“Woah woah! Stop it, let me explain” he started, reaching for her shoulders to calm her down.

“I DON’T UNDERSTAND! IN WHAT ASPECT IS SHE BETTER THAN ME?!” she still continued, backing away from him.

“Alright, baby, alright. I hear you, now stop shouting” he said calmly.

“DON’T YOU ‘BABY’ ME! I’M STILL NOT-“  

“SHUT IT!!!” Natsu shouted, making her stop.

“Now listen to me!”

Her attention was now to him. She was all ears.

“I wanted you to stop modelling not because you’re unfit to do it. Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror? You’re perfectly beautiful in every way! The reason why I wanted you to stop was because I couldn’t stand how other men treated you, how they disrespected you and everything else!” he explained, “and I’m sorry if I made you feel unloved. Baby I would never get tired of you, I would never get sick of fucking you, okay?”

Lucy stood there, listening to everything he said.

“What about the woman?” she asked.

“The woman you saw that day, her name is Herin. She’s the daughter of the owner of a firm that is associated with D Company” he answered.

“What’s your connection with her?” she probed.

Natsu looked at her more intently before he answered.

“Nothing. I slept with her one time and that was it. I never wanted to be serious with her like what she expected. But it seems like she thought we were in some kind of relationship…”

“Ah…you slept with her” Lucy sarcastically said as she rolled her eyes.

“Could you please just-(sigh)-let me finish” he started.

“It was a long time ago, before I met you. I was…an idiot. To be honest, she wasn’t the only one. But I never loved them, okay? None of them could make me feel different like when I’m with you. They don’t turn me on like you do, every single day. You’re different, Lucy,” he started to close the distance between them, “If I had to choose between you and them, I’d choose you. Over and over again.”

Lucy stared at him.

Her eyes now showing emotion in them.

And then her hands covered her face as she started breaking down.

“Well why didn’t you tell me?!” she said as she sobbed.

Natsu gave a sigh and embraced her, resting his chin on her head.

“Because you never let me explain” he answered.

She continued to cry, pouring her tears down like rain. Now her arms started to embrace him back, her tears wetting his shirt as she cried in his chest.

“So, are you still going to divorce me?” Natsu asked.

She opened her eyes as her tears slowly died down. Her head shook slightly.

“No. I never wanted to” her voice sounded softly in his embrace.

“Good” He said and kissed her forehead,

“because even if you still do, I would never let you.”