one | no, it's Santa Clause

short a/n: I am writing this novel in British/Australian English because I'm Australian and I love the way we spell things, so yeah. Also, the one thing I will NOT be changing is the word 'mom'.

You can continue reading now. (:

"Aurora Luna Marie Steele!" a stern feminine voice screamed, her screeching voice bouncing between the walls of the house. "Come down, now!"

Aurora Luna Marie Steele.

That was me.

Although, I'd prefer Luna.

I groaned and rolled my eyes as I slid out of my comfortable bed and blew a kiss to it as if to say I was going to be back soon. I clenched my jaw and exited my enormous room, passing another girl whom I shoved shoulders with before descending the spiral staircase.

"Yes, mother?" I mocked as I glided into the enormous kitchen where I found a woman in her late thirties, holding a letter in her hand. I cocked an eyebrow in confusion as I leaned against the counter whilst she bored her intense eyes into my own. "Did you need something?"

The fuming woman that stood before me was absolutely gorgeous if I had to admit. She was tall with her slim body as her dirty blonde hair, which I had inherited from, was tied into a neat bun and her intense green eyes with blue flecks in it, which I had also inherited from, stared at me as if wanting me to disappear into a hole.

"Are you done beating up these innocent girls?" my mother questioned, waving the hospital bill in my face.

I took a step back and raised an eyebrow as I crossed my arms over my chest and scoffed. "They harassed me. That's some sort of abuse and I needed to teach them a lesson."

My mother's frown lines softened as she shook her head in disappointment, slamming the letter onto the counter before she rubbed her temples. "Why can't you be like Dakota?"

I cocked an eyebrow and chuckled humourlessly but inside, I wanted to punch someone in the face repeatedly. "Excuse me?"

My mother always compared me to my little sister who was only a year younger than me. She inherited my father's looks with her blonde hair, her piercing sky blue eyes, and pale skin, where I was much tanner. She didn't compare our looks, no, she compared me to her personality and how intelligent she was.

To be honest with you, I was just as intelligent. I aced all my classes to impress my parents but all they did was scold me and said that it wasn't good enough and it must be matched to Dakota's.

"Dakota doesn't get into trouble," my mother informed me, crossing her arms over her chest as if to match my stance. "Look at her, she's the perfect role model whilst you...you do everything that is not even lady-like."

That felt like a punch to my stomach.

"I don't want to hear any of this," I muttered under my breath as I looked away.

"Just...look up to Dakota," my mother whispered.

I wanted to laugh in her face and tell her that I was the oldest and she should be looking up to me but it wouldn't help with my situation at all. And it would've sounded childish.

Dakota was the star of the family, the girl who parents wanted to have as a daughter whilst I, on the other hand, was the girl who parents warned their children to stay away from. I didn't blame them.

Whenever we had family gatherings, they would compliment and place all their attention on my little sister and all I was ever given was a distasteful look. A judged look that practically screamed I was a humiliation to the Steele name.