Chapter 21: Straying Away

Read carefully&Vote/comment if youwoved it! ::) <--- alien.

* Check out the awesome drawing to the right made by Laurel Byer! Best fan drawing eva!

~How the hell did we end up like this? ~You bring out the beast in me. ~They say that love is forever, you're forever is all that I need. ~Please stay forever with me.

******************************************************************

I woke up twenty minutes later with a throb at the center of my skull from the impact of the floor. The room was dimmed, disorienting as I attempted to lift myself up off the ground. I pressed my sweaty palms against the carpeted floor and heaved, as if doing a push-up.

My arms gave out and my cheek met the carpet. A sharp pain once again danced in my skull.

I couldn't focus well enough to get myself off the ground, or even process my own thoughts. I was so excessively aware of gaps in my life, pictures, events of my childhood that none of them were clear enough to understand. The only memory I could truly even think about was the one that happened the twenty minutes before, before I collapsed onto the ground. It was the virtual imagery I received after reading the letter--the image that sent my heart to my throat.

Those eyes.

"No," I moaned out, clawing at the carpet, trying to get up. Those eyes. The eyes were present as I slept unnaturally, the ones with the cat-shape, dipped narrow at the corners and filled with a green more bold then newly nurtured Spring grass.

My head pounded, the room spun as I finally reached the solid front door of my apartment. I started to reach up with my long arms that just didn't seem to reach high enough towards the door knob. Fingers brushed against the cool handle. I fell against the door, crying and hitting it with my fist.

Why me?

I turned over, facing the side of the door where a cross would lay. Figured it wasn't there, it had to be the way the bastard had gotten into my home.

I squeezed my eyes shut as another wave of pain swirled behind my eyes. All I wanted was someone to help me up, to get me to a couch, to give me an icepack. That's all I wanted at that time. But somehow, I knew what would happen if I tried to call out to anyone.

Nobody will care.

"Nobody cares," I whispered under my breath in certainty, my mouth dry and my stomach clenching with nausea. "Nobody truly cares about me. Nobody ever did," I repeated shakily.

With a small wail, I practically jumped to grab onto the handle of the apartment and yanked it open, stumbling to my feet at the same time. The hallway outside seemed a mile long until it reached the swirling stair case.

I started to run, falling against the walls of the everlasting hallway, holding back my tears as I fell and stumbled the entire way.

Suddenly I was on my hands and knees, sweating, my head throbbing, and my nails digging into the apartment buildings fancy dark carpet as I recalled the day I crashed into Devin Star in my old beat-up car. What really happened, and what he had said to me, expecting that I would someday remember.

It was five weeks before I had moved into my apartment with Marcy. I was meeting her at the movies in celebration, hovering carefully over the speed-limit as usual. The radio was softly on and I was tapping the steering wheel with my black painted nails, when suddenly, a ferocious, luxurious Lamborghini obnoxiously roared its engine behind me. I peered into my rear-view-mirror to see the windows around the vehicle were completely tinted.