26.Dead or Alive?

T W E N T Y - S I X

"Ryaannn-" I looked over to where she was pointing. "Is dead?" I frowned, turning my head side ways.

Knowing I wasn't drunk I just assumed my eyes was playing tricks on me.

"Come on. Let's get you in the bed." I got Aerin to her side of the room, getting her settled in the bed.

Taking my time to make sure she was okay, I wasted as much time as I could; procrastinating to go outside, cause I was scared. Finally, I got encourage to go to my room. Looking over at the coach he was gone, sighing in relief I chuckled a little.

"You goin' crazy JoJo." I mumbled to myself.

Walking into my room I screamed; there he sat on my bed.

"Shhh. Stop screaming." Ryan got up coving my mouth.

I backed up looking at him crazy.

"This ain't real." I mumbled. "You going crazy." I laughed, shaking my head taking my shoes off. "He's dead." I try convincing myself.

"I'm not dead baby."

"Aww that right there is creep." I got little more freaked out, walking around the room.

"Baby." He grabbed my hand leading me to the bed, as he sat down. "I'm not dead."

"You will forever live in my heart, yea yea whatever." I waved my other hand rolling my eyes.

"No I'm really alive. Like blood is pumping threw my body right now." Putting my hand on his chest, he pressed my hand against it. "You feel that?"

"Oh shit!!" My eyes widen.

"Yea." He nodded.

"But you- Why you- and you. But you're -- How?"

"I faked it."

"So this whole time I been talking to a whole stranger?"

"I'm sor-"

"Sorry not gon cut it." I snatched my hand away from him. "I've cried every day since that day in the hospital and you say sorry?" I got angry by the second.

"I told you-"

"You told me what? You had to lay low? Yea but playing dead was not in the plan!!"

"I had too, I know I fucked up baby but look-"

"No don't-don't touch me." I moved away from him, crying.

"I know I should of told you." Ryan pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry."

"Why you do it?" More tears came, as my breath got shallow.

"Breath." Ryan held my face with both of his hand. "Breath. Calm down." I inhaled and exhaled trying to breath normal. "I had to protect you, I know dat shit sound cliché but it's true." Ryan wiped my face with his thumbs.

"That don't mean fake your death." I calm down stop crying. "You could have at least let me in on the plan." I removed his hands. "Do Ace know?"

"As of two days ago yea."

Not saying anything I just took everything in. Grabbing my clothes I walked into the bathroom to take a shower. Thirty minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"What?" I turned the water off getting out.

"What you thinkin' about?" Ryan asked through the door.

"I don't know." I said honestly, while drying off, putting my clothes on.

"How yah feel? Be one hunnit."

"How you want me to feel?" I opened the door. "I'm not gonna act like I'm not happy to see you, cause I am. I'm happy as fuck to know you not dead, but you lied and let alone fake a death." I spoke truthfully, walking passed him to the bed. "I don't know." I shrugged.

" I shrugged