Chapter 48

I felt this song embodied my entire idea behind this chapter

Dave

"Nobody" I paid attention to Kaiya as I tried to get her together.

She was spending this weekend with me and now I knew what exactly I had to do with her as far as feeding her.

"Whose nobody?" Mia spoke up again.

"Nobody" I said nonchalantly.

"Don't play stupid Dave, who is Jay ? A nigga? You flexing that way now?"

I swung my head so fast in her direction, she took a step back away from me.

"Don't ever play yourself" I grilled her.

"Whose Jay? Cause you sitting here telling my daughter that some random was right"

"First off, she not a random she my girl" I said looking down at Mia.

"Your girl?" She scoffed.

"Yes, my girl"

"I see" she nodded her head.

"She wants to meet you since Kaiya be around her sometimes"

"Wants to meet me now? After you done had my kid around her already"

"OUR kid" I corrected her.

"OUR kid around her, and now she wants to meet me"

"She been wanted to meet you, I just been holding it off"

"And whys that ? Afraid to tell her the truth?"

"And what's that?" I looked at her as I picked up Kaiya from the seat with her diaper bag.

"That you was two timing both of us"

"I came clean with that already" I shook my head.

"And I wasn't two timing any one"

"Right, you moved this hoe in after you kicked us out"

"I didn't kick you out, I put you in your own spot and I pay for that shit"

"The least you could do, it is where your daughter stays" she rolled her eyes.

"Look I don't want to argue or fight with you. I have a girlfriend and I would like for you two to meet. No drama, no bullshit, she felt it was necessary since Kaiya be around her sometimes. She wants to do this out of respect for you. So cut the shit" I stopped walking and faced her.

"Okay ..." she looked at me.

"Now, can you say bye to your daughter so we can get going?"

She nodded her head and I handed Kaiya to her. She hugged and kissed her a couple times. They had they're own little language, I loved watching Mia and Kaiya together. That was a bond I would never break apart.

"I love you baby" she tickled Kaiya and handed her back to me.

"I should ask you"

"What?"

"Should we go shopping together for her new formula? I wouldn't really know how to make that decision" I was being honest.

"If you're free" I asked.

"Yeah I took off to take care of this situation. So we could go do that" she nodded her head.

"Cool" I adjusted Kaiya in my arms.

"I'll follow you" Mia said as we entered the parking lot.

Jay

"Glad to see your neck is clearing up"