00 || RECKLESS AND BRAVE

00 || RECKLESS AND BRAVE (edited)

TERESSA VALENTINE was a stubborn little thing. Something she inherited from her mother.

Her uncle, Kasimir, was yelling at her from below, a hand covering his eyes to shield them from the sun. "Come on, squirt, get down from there!"

Tessa's laughter filled the air as she continued to fly around a tree in circles. Ever since her eleventh birthday which was a couple of months ago, Kasi finally taught her how to ride a broom. The girl just wouldn't stop pestering him about it, a look of complete and utter amazement was imprinted on her face every time she'd look at the Silver Arrow that once belonged to her mother. It was a legendary broom — nobody else in the world had it ever since they stopped manufacturing it.

Tessa never met her mother. She's heard stories from Uncle Kasi about her, but never about what happened. The only thing the older man would tell her was that Catherine Valentine died a hero. She wouldn't press him for more stories because her uncle would depart to his room with tears glinting in his eyes.

Ever since she could remember, she's been living with her uncle. He refused to tell her who her father is, saying that it's not yet time for her to know.

"Don't make me get my wand, young lady," Kasimir hollered with the right amount of sternness. Honestly, he adored the little girl too much to be mad at her. She reminded him severely of Catherine to the point where his heart would hurt.

"Alright, alright." Tessa blew a raspberry at the wizard before descending to the ground safely. "You're such a party pooper, Uncle." She pouted at him, storing away Kasi's broom. She wasn't allowed to use her mother's.

Kasimir just bellowed laughing, ruffling Tessa's natural blue-black hair when she heard someone calling her name. She spun around to see Philip Williamson, her next-door-neighbour. His father, Alexander, was Kasimir's best friend and Tessa constantly heard him tell Philip of how he outshines the morning sun. Kasimir headed in the house as Tessa beamed, "Philip!"

Kasi left the two to play with some games he bought for them from Zonko's. Tessa loved their items, her hazel eyes would gleam brightly as she scanned through every single thing.

Kasi was going over some paperwork when he heard the distinct hooting of an owl. A golden owl swooped in the living room, flying around once before dropping a letter into Kasi's awaiting hands. He reached over to affectionately stroke the owl's beak. "Thanks, Tommy."

He read the addressee of the missive immediately, a short chuckle leaving his lips before getting to his feet and walking up to Tessa and Philip outside the house.

"What is it, Uncle?" Tessa asked as Philip excused himself to take a cookie from a jar in the kitchen.

"It's for you." Kasi handed the young girl the letter as she flipped the back.

Ms Teressa Valentine
The Lawn Outside the House,
Third Street,
Galloway
Doncaster

Kasi smiled knowingly. "It's your Hogwarts letter."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

MISCHIEF MANAGED IS OFFICIALLY OVER! IM GONNA GO CRY. BTW THATS NOT A REAL PLACE IN TESSA'S LETTER, COMPLETELY MADE UP.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING AND SUPPORTING THIS STORY. I LOVE YOU ALL.