29: Handsome Shadow

"ROOOOOAAARR!!!"

The cry of several beasts resonated miles away where both groups could hear it. Many thoughts were produced in a series, but everyone knew best not to investigate the source. They could feel the earth tremur with the pressure of the beasts measly cry.

How dangerous they were, the people who heard could only hope to never encounter them, ever.

"Holy Shiva! What the hell was that?!"

"Don't panic, Bright. Based on the sound, it should have come from miles away. But it's truly worrying how strong the beast must be to cause such effect in the air and sound waves."

"Stop talking science, Raize. You know I won't understand it...." Bright solemnly said.

Raize gazed on Bright's pitiful form with a sigh. "Just forget about it."

"What are sound waves?" Innocently inquired by Izaya as he observed the other two's exchange.

"Sound waves are invisible and can only be seen using advance technology to read its frequency and strength. When you make a sound, it creates vibrations in the air and that's what causes the sound waves. With every wave, the strength dwindles. The louder the sound, the longer the waves travel." Briefly explained by Raize in his simplest terms.

"Advance technology?"

"Machines programmed for the purpose of achieving or in this case examine what humans could never hope to achieve with human senses alone."

"Machines... programmed...."

"Give up, Izaya. The more you ask, the more confused you'll get." Bright sympathetically said while patting Izaya's shoulder.

Releasing a surrendered sigh, Izaya sadly nodded his head.

"............" Raize was left speechless.

"The voice must be really loud then if it could reach us here in my home." Muttered Izaya under his breath.

The three were able to get inside Chlad using Izaya's reputation. And although certain individuals were surprised and paled at the sight of his well-being, they remained quiet.

With ease, Raize and Bright relaxed inside Izaya's mansion.

It was a 3-story mansion made of red bricks. The interior design was similar to that of Victorian Era, but most furniture were crafted with mahogany wood. The walls decorated with swords and shields, as well as medallions rewarded to Izaya's achievements in the Barracks.

He had a maid and a butler. He didn't need more than that as he wasn't home most of the time. But his house had plenty of guest rooms, which he gave a couple for Raize and Bright's accommodation.

The three youthful boys were currently in Izaya's Study, teas and sweets on the coffee table.

"I still can't grasp the notion that you earned this house simply by being part of Chlad's military brigade." Raize commented as he continued to investigate every wall, every floor and every object in the Study Room.

Bright had long ignored everything else as he devoured every sweets on the table with much gusto like he had never eaten for a few days. From time to time, he would grab his cup of tea and blow on it hard to take small sips.

"Indeed. My Lord is generous, which makes me question why he would dispose of me..." Seemingly melancholic, Izaya replied as his golden eyes looked down.

Raize did not seem fazed with his own inconsideration, and instead continued. "You acted really strange with the soldiers we've met. You were very cold and domineering, while here you are looking so soft on us."