Announcement: The Greatest Of All Time!!!

Hey lovelies!

Want to hear something just so amazingly awesome?

Turns out I'm descended from space aliens! And they are targeting my Wattpad readers!

Totally kidding haha! But now that I've gotten your attention...

I have some big news!

But first, on a more personal note, I wanted to say thank you for reading my story and supporting it for so long. Writing is my absolute favorite thing to do and it's something I can be proud of. And I am so happy that you have been here reading it and voting and commenting some lovely thoughts on each chapter. You guys are seriously the best followers ever!

Onto the big news!

I'm getting published!!!

I know, I can't believe it either! It's all so surreal, but it's definitely happening. I've been writing since I was in middle school and I knew back then that this was something I really wanted in life. To hold my own novel in my hands is going to be a really special moment. So what is happening is very much a dream come true.

And it's literally all because of you guys (you guys are seriously amazing). I wish I could give you something... like, I don't know, a gigantic dessert of your choice. Or a unicorn... But instead I've got something even better than a physical copy. You read that right! Something better!

Because you guys are so awesome I will be giving away never before seen content! Including ultra shorts, and a prequel. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with the new material. I mean, new scenes including your favorite Outcasts characters? I think yes!

Anyway, before I get off topic...

The book is going to be published on May 16, 2017.

Of course I'm still here on Wattpad, but my publisher has asked me to take down the last few chapters before publishing for copyright issues.

HOWEVER, there are a few awesome things going on even before then. Things are about to get even better!

My publisher is setting me up with a fancy website (very professional), and they are going to be holding a cover contest. You guys already know I love getting covers from you guys. Here's a chance for you to show off your amazing cover skills!

That's right! You can submit a cover to become the official cover of the published book. And your name will be put in the book, and on the back of the physical cover of the book! Your name on the cover of the published book. You will be famous! :D Here are the guidelines:

Send the covers to my agent at ftwagent@gmail.com by May 1, 2017. The only requirements are:

1. Know that if we choose your cover you will get credit ON the physical cover and inside the book. This can actually help you a lot as a graphic artist and bring you future work from us and other book publishers.

2. You will have to fill out a form that lets us have the cover.

3. You can not use any copyright images. You can use Royalty Free Images.

4. We need a high res format of the cover in JPG and Photoshop format, as well so that we can use it for the paperback version of the book.

5. Cover Image size should be 5.5 by 8.5 inches in 300 Pixels per inch resolution.

6. Hints....

The cover has to look good when Amazon Thumbnail size. The idea is that people WANT to click on it when they see the thumb nail.

The text needs to be readable.

You should use only 1 font.

The cover needs the title AND the author's name.

7. The cover needs to have the title Outcasts and the author's name B. D. Fresquez visible.

8. If your cover wins, we will do everything we can to use it. If it wins we will WANT to use it because that will give us the most future sales. BUT...you do need to know that there can be odd reasons why we might not be able to. For example, we might not be able to use the Photoshop file for some reason or we might find a copyrighted image in the cover design.

9. Make sure to submit your created cover on or before May 1, 2017.

By the way, this is NOT mandatory. This is simply something to get you guys involved in the launch because you guys have helped me so much to get to this point.

I will be giving you updates as it all happens. Now, most of the time when people give updates on how a project is going (like getting a book published) they're really boring. BUT I WILL DO BETTER! I guarantee you won't be disappointed with each coming update (:

So stay tuned for more updates!

I'll see you in the next post lovelies (: