"You have no idea who you're messing with."

Chapter 13

Kane's P.O.V:

I glanced up sharply from our group to the alley I saw Ella head into. The group goes quiet and waited for me to turn back to them and say something. I didn't. I knew exactly who that alley belonged to. This was bad, really bad. I didn't know why I hesitated but I quickly stood up.

"I'll be back soon. Don't go anywhere," I ordered them before heading to the alley.

"Wait!" Alex, one of the guys, shouted. I didn't. The others will tell him to keep quiet and follow orders when they're given. I needed to get to Ella before she gets herself hurt. I turned the corner of the alley and took in the sight before me. Ella was standing with her little sister, tucked behind her, facing the gang with a stubborn expression.

"Please move out of my way," she requested from the four men in front of her. One of them, probably the leader, stepped forward with a sneer.

"Or what?"

I've had enough. I stepped forward and stood next to Ella. I saw her eyes widen for a second before regaining their at ease look.

"That's enough. Walk away," I ordered the man. His sneer turned into a frown and he looked at me with anger.

"Make me," he growled. Ella's voice distracted me. Her voice was soft and soothing as she spoke to her sister.

"Go to Kane, Mony." Her little sister trotted over to me with a grin and shouted to the gang.

"You're going to get your ass kicked!" she yelled to the men.

"Mony, language," Ella scolded and Mony threw her a apologetic look, but rolled her eyes.

"You're going to get your butt kicked!" she corrected and looked to Ella who nodded in approvement. I stepped forward and shifted into a fighting stance but Ella stopped me.

"Back off, Kane. If I don't handle them now they'll just try me again next time when you're not here." She had a point but I wasn't going to walk away. Just as quickly her voice grew cold and dangerous,

"You have no idea who you're messing with," she told the man. His eyes narrowed and he took a threatening step towards her.

"You had your chance," she says, shrugging. The man charged forward and before I could step towards him Ella jumped into the air and kicked the guy in the jaw. The momentum from the jump plus her strength made him lose consciousness immediately. He fell to the ground with a thud.

"I warned you," she said.

The next guy is on her in seconds. She kicked out with her foot at his stomach but he grabbed her foot and twisted it. She gritted her teeth and jumped again. She twisted in the air and landed a punishing round-house kick to his face. He let go off her foot just as she landed and he gripped his cheek in pain.

"I told you," little Mony taunted from behind my legs. I glanced down at her and saw her face was glowing with pride. The remaining two guys seemed to have sized her up now and ran at her. The one guy earned a throbbing right hook to the face for his efforts. Ella grabbed the hand that was supposed to hit her from the other guy and stepped behind him. She pulled his arm up and pressed down on his shoulders. He whimpered like a child. She kicked the guy she punched seconds earlier in the knee cap. He fell forward and alternated between gripping his face and gripping his knee.

"If I break your shoulder at this angle it won't heal," she informs the guy she was still holding tightly. The guy gave a nervous whimper.

"Now, sit," she orders. The guy didn't hesitate and immediately sat down on the cold ground. Ella pressed her knee into the guy's back as she releases his arm. He fell forward.

"Let's go, they won't bother us again, right?" she shouted at them. The three remaining conscious men all agreed with wobbling voices. Ella took Mony's hand and together they walked past the men out of the alley. At the end of the alley she turned back to me with a half-smile.

"Well? Aren't you coming?" I returned her smile and walked after them. I had a lot of questions in need of answering.

- - - - - - - - - - -