The truth hurts

Katia's P.O.V

I just sat there after Xavier left. I had no emotion on my face the whole time. i'd just cried for what felt like hours, screaming for what felt that long as well. I, for some reason, couldn't cry anymore, let alone scream.

I hadn't gotten any sleep. I'm not sure if I still needed that but I don't care. All that mattered was what Xavier had told me, he wanted to kill Alexander. I didn't ever know the reason why! I was so scared but surprisingly not for myself. I was scared about what would happen if Alexander actually found me.

Just thinking about what they could do to him made me so scared for him. I tried to pull at my restraints for the first time since id found out I had them on. I stopped immediately after feeling that metallic paint. They were made of silver. What happens when you have silver on your skin directly is basically as though you were pouring molten lava on your skin. It hurt like hell.

I tried my feet seeing as to how I had jeans on but I still felt the sensation through my pants so I stopped again. Xavier came in at that moment. but something was extremely strange about him. He was covered in blood from head to toe.

It didn't affect me much but it still looked quite weird seeing as though he hadn't cared to try to freshen up beforehand. "Katia" he said in acknowledgement . I looked up from his bloodstained clothes to his face "Xavier" I said wryly.

He smirked looking at the material of jeans that, right now was slightly cut from the silver. "i see that you've tried to free yourself already. Getting scared?" he asked teasingly. I found no reason to lie "i am only scared for alexander." I said. his smirk calmly faded as he gave me a look of contemplation and then siged. "Katia, you are only worrying because he is you mate. You see what he's done to you right?"

I contemplated this and nodded slightly, "Well he's done those things and never actually apologized for them and look, here you are, tied up and in possible danger, and he's the one who got you into this" he looked at me with sympathy and awe "he's probably just scared of dying. He's proved that you do not matter to him already but you still worry for him" He shook his head and laughed lightly "I am in awe of you, Katia, you care more than he does. He's supposed to but you do all the caring. I think it would be better if you tried not to think about him. wouldn't want you tearing yourself apart over him"he said.

I just looked down thinking about what he said.that must be why he hasn't gotten here yet. he's contemplating it because he wants to live! I mean, who would do that, I'm his mate1 Xavier's right, he would not be contemplating this if he actually cared about me. I just thought... Apparently not.

I nodded at Xavier and saw a slight look of sadness cross his face before it was gone "if you'd like and would cooperate i'd be okay if you stayed in one of the rooms if you would like..... It's technically not your battle to fight Katia." He offered. "Sure" I said, he undid the restraints extremely carefully so that he didn't get hurt himself.

When he undid them he stood back up straight. I stood- or at least tried to- bu failed. I almost fell when Xavier saved me by wrapping his arm around my torso, "thanks" I said blushing a bit, he smirked at my blush and stood me back upstrigh holding my hand over his shoulder and leading me out of the room through the door.

I looked around as we reached the door and halted our movements. I saw that the walls where a cool shade of blue with gray outlining on it. the floors where a fluffy black carpet. I didn't think a pack house would look like this, let alone a rogue pack house. as if seeing my expression Xavier leaned me against one side of the doorframe and leaned against the other, facing me.

he nodded to the outside "I know, this" he said gesturing towards the floors and the walls "This was all of the females of the pack" he said with a small chuckle and smile. I could tell that he genuinely cared about his pack. He seemed to have this special type of admiration- as though they were all a big family of rogues.

He stopped smiling but there was a ghost smile still planted on his lips as he stood back up straight, "you must be tired, let's get you to rest" He said, sticking his elbow out so that I would hook mine through it. I did so and we were almost through the door when...

Xavier's P.O.V

i walked and we had almost gotten through the door with Katia's arm hooked onto mine to hold her out when she tripped and toppled over onto her back. I laughed slightly and watched as she groaned as she rubbed the back of her head, still laying down and not attempting to stand.

I chuckled one more time before bending down slightly "Come on" I said, grabbing her hands and attempting to pick her up, when she made no help what so ever I groaned "You are going to have to hel-" ,She cut me off by doing the worst thing imaginable.

She kicked me in the nuts.

As I was huddled over in pain she quickly got up and ran down the corridor. she was almost all the way down the hall, may I remind you I am still huddled over in pain, when something tackled her to the ground. Well more like someone.

It was Jessica.