we'll be fine

"Okay, we all know what this looks like

"Okay, we all know what this looks like."

Hailey nodded along to Mal's words. They were going over their plan to get the wand and break the magical barrier surrounding the isle. The red head was looking down at the drawn map that she had created a week ago.

"So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar." Mal pointed to the dais, where the wand will be at the coronation. She then pointed over to the entrance and stopped at where she will be standing. "We'll be coming from in here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up on the balcony. Carlos and Hailey?"

"Okay." He said with a nod. "So we'll find the limo so we can break the barrier and get back on in with the wand."

"Perfect, Evie. " Mal moved so she could get a square, glass bottle out of her bag. She handed it over to Evie, who took it easily. " You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he will be out like a light."

"Okay." Evie nodded to silently to tell Mal that she understood. Hailey hadn't said a word the entire time they've been going over the plan. She didn't know if she wanted to do this anymore. What if things ended badly?

Hailey glanced around at her friends. They didn't look too happy with the plan either. They each had a look of unsureness on their faces.

Mal sighed and sat down in the chair in front of her spell book. Hailey took a glance at the book. What was she studying so hard about? Her eyes widened when she saw it was an anti-love potion. The small red head nudged Evie and pointed over at the book.

"M, you want to break Ben's love spell?" Evie questioned. The blue and red haired girls looked at their leader for clarification. They thought she enjoyed having Ben being in love with them.

"Yeah, you know for after." Mal informed them. Hailey and Evie sat on either side of their friend, listening intently to what she had to say. "I've just been thinking. You know, that when the villains do finally take over Araudon and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles, and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra cruel."

Mal snapped her book shut and stood up before walking out of the boy's dorm. Hailey stared after her. "M?"

She felt bad for the purple haired girl. Mal had never felt the sensation that is love, but she was starting to feel it with Ben.

"She'll be fine, right?" Evie said before standing up and walking over to the door. Hailey sighed before standing up as well to follow after her. "Hailey?"

"Yeah, she'll be fine." Hailey nodded, trying to reassure her worried friend, even though she didn't know for sure herself. Mal was always the strongest out of all of them. Not physically, but emotionally. She knew how to keep people out and away from what she was feeling. But when she did start feeling bad, she distanced herself from her friends. "We should get some rest."

Evie nodded and the two girls began to walk out of the room.

"Hailey!" Carlos called out softly for his girlfriend. The red head stopped when she reached the door and turned around to look at the slightly taller boy.

"I'll see you in our room." Evie told the smaller girl before leaving the couple alone. Carlos looked down at her and rubbed the back of his neck softly.

"Are you okay?" He asked finally. Hailey sent him a confused glance. "You barely said a word the entire night."

"Yeah." She lied. Carlos gave her a look that clearly said he knew she wasn't telling the truth.

Carlos reached over to taker her smaller hand in his own. "Hailey, you don't have to lie to me."

"I know, I just." Hailey trailed off with a sigh. "I'm worried this might end bad."

"Everything's going to be okay for all of us." Carlos said, trying to reassure the girl. Hailey scoffed softly.

"That's not what I'm worried about." She informed him. Carlos intertwined his hand with Hailey's and squeezed it softly. "I'm talking about us."

"Oh."

"They're gonna make us end what we have, but I don't want to." Hailey sighed and looked down at the ground. Carlos used his pointer finger and thumb to life her chin so she was facing him. He felt a sense of deja vu from when they first started their journey.

"I told you I was going to fight for us, and I meant it. Our parents can't control us forever." He reminded her with a reassuring smile. Hailey nodded softly before wrapping her arms around his waist. Carlos reciprocated, wrapping his arms around her neck, bending down to press a soft kiss to the top of her head.

They would be okay.

-

"I know it's time to say goodbye. It's so hard to let go."

Hailey looked over at the picture of her holding up a piece sign while being surrounded by her fellow cheerleaders. She sighed and picked up the picture frame, bringing it closer to her.

They only had a few more days of peacefulness before their plan had to be put in action. The small red head moved around so she was laying on her side.

She was starting to love the way things were turning out for them here. She and Carlos were finally happy together. The white haired boy was no longer scared of the creatures he was once afraid of. He befriended one of them. Jay was finally learning the concept of teamwork. He was becoming more open with his friends. Evie was starting to see that she didn't need to pretend to be dumb to get a guy. She was starting to realize how smart she actually was. And Mal was staring to understand that her mother wasn't right about everything she told her. The five teens didn't know how they felt about the play they had to do.

But they had to do it either way.

-

N/E

This is just a quick update to satisfy you guys until my mom gets out of the hospital.

-Devoid