Summer

Rufio and I stared at the treehouse, the orange glow of a candle flickered behind a window. The wood was jet black and flowers a blood red like the sky, were scattered along the path that led to the door. I glanced nervously at Rufio before taking a deep breath and walking down the path with him trailing behind.

My mind began to start scenario conversations with Summer. I had to convince this girl to help Peter become a light hearted person once again. My hands fidgeted disconsolately, my palms sweating as I reached to the ladder that led up to the treehouse balcony.

I glanced behind me, meeting Rufio's eyes. His head gave a reassuring nod as his hands gestured for me to climb the ladder. I nodded, taking a deep breath before shakily climbing up the ladder.

My mind lingered on Peter, wondering what the boy was doing at the moment. Last I saw him, Hunter was carrying the poor boy into his tent to rest. My heart was aching and my head was screaming at me. Screaming that I was running out of time....

Once Rufio and I had climbed the ladder, Rufio knocked on the door ever so softly. "Summer, we need to talk," he said.

The door was immediately opened, and a girl appeared. A girl that made my eyes widen and my mouth drop at her beauty.

Summer.

She practically glowed in the darkness of Dark Hollow. She wore a sparkling yellow dress and a smile as sweet as honey painted across her face.

"Rufio? Is that really you?" She questioned, her ocean blue eyes as wide as mine.

Rufio's cheeks had been colored a bright pink as he looked at his feet with a smile. "Yeah, it's me, Summer." He turns his head to me, "and I wouldn't be alive again without her."

Summer's gaze switched to me, her smile growing even wider than before. "I thank you, Emerson."

My brows furrow, "I never told you my name."

She giggles, "I've known who you are ever since you first appeared on Neverland as a child."

I didn't know what to say. My jaw simply dropped in bewilderment, staring at the girl like she was some sort of celebrity.

Rufio cleared his throat, nudging my arm. I snap out of my staring, coughing nervously. "Right. Well, Summer, I have come here for a very specific reason.... it's about Peter."

Summer's smile instantaneously faded away as her eyes pierced with hatred. "Never speak of his name to me." Her blue orbs darkened and her glowing features began to fade away.

"Look, I don't care about your past with him, but he's going to die if you don't help him!" I yelled, the blood under my skin boiling.

"If I don't help him? What do I have to do with it?!" She boomed.

"EVERYTHING!" I screamed. "The demon needs love and you're the only one he's ever loved!"

She pursed her lips, looking down.

I sigh, "please, even if you don't love him, he does and he needs your help."

"You really think he still loves me?" She asked softly.

I nod my head, a twinge of envy pinching my heart as I did so. "He's still heartbroken ever since he.. changed. You can mend him back together."

Summer sighs, "okay, okay, I'll do it."

I smile quickly, nodding my head. "Then let's go."

***

"So what's the plan?" Summer questioned as she led Rufio and I out of Dark Hollow. "I hope you have a plan involved with this."

I walk in front of her, leading the way back to camp. "Confess your love, when the demon eventually comes, kiss him. That will bring love back in his heart."

"And if I don't love him?" She spoke softly.

I bit my lip, "at least act like you do."

She sighs, crossing her arms, "yeah, but what happens after?"

"We'll figure it out, right now we just need to focus on Peter and only Peter."  

We arrived at camp to see Peter pacing back and forth in the camp. When he saw me, his eyes brightened and he ran towards me, embracing me in his strong arms. "Winter! Where did you go? I-I thought you were dead..."

I furrow my brows, hugging him back before pulling away. "Um, Peter, there's someone here to see you." I turn to face Summer who stood there with an unconvincing smile on her face.

Peter's expression completely changed when he laid eyes on Summer. His eyes widened, his mouth wide open just like how I first saw her. "S-Summer? Y-You're not d-dead?"

She flashed that honey dripping smile at him, "yes, Peter, I'm very alive."

Peter stumbles forward, his hand caressing her cheek. "S-Summer.... I-I'm so sorry.." His eyes started pouring out tears....

Tears that burned scars in his cheeks...

He yelps, but couldn't control his sobs. Summer stood there, as if she were paralyzed. His eyes were begging at her, begging for her to help him. Yet she stood there, a shocked expression on her face. It was as if she didn't know the boy anymore, as if she forgot that he was a fragile boy that loved her with all of his heart. It made my fists clench at the fact that she didn't realize it. 

Slowly, I placed my hand on Peter's shoulder. His sobs stopped and the scars were starting to heal as if they were never there before.

Summer stared at me in awe, her eyes darting from Peter to me. I could feel those eyes burning a hole in my heart, yet I glared back at her with the same intense flames. Though, I didn't know why. I still contemplated if I loved Peter, then again I protected him as if he were mine.

That's when I realized that Summer was using him and his fragile heart as a toy.....

***

A/N: GUYS, I FREAKING LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOO MUCH LIKE OML. I'm so happy you guys are liking this story even though my writing is complete trash XD

If you enjoyed this chapter, please VOTE!

*NOT PROOF READ*

Word Count: 1,033