C H A P T E R | E I G H T

"OKAY, SO WHO'S team captains?" Annabeth stood beside a giant post-it board holding two markers in the living room of the Reynolds' penthouse. They were a luxorious family, and while everyone else had rented ordinary hotel rooms, the family had gone all out and gotten an entire penthouse suite for the six of them.

As a part of the Swan family reunion, there was this corny tradition of a game night. Yes, the same one where Hermione had been forced to sit out because she wasn't wearing the correct shade of blue.

First up on the list was Pictionary. This meant that one person would be the host of sorts, coming up with all of the drawing ideas and enforcing rules.

Percy was the host of sorts.

Hermione was interested in seeing whatever this guy could come up with.

"I'm a captain," said Shannon.

"I'll be one, if you want," offered Edward. Jean, Uncle Charlie, and Aunt Betsy nodded in agreement. After that, teams were picked. Hermione was on Edward's team.

"Who goes first?" asked Draco. Hermione had had to explain the rules of pictionary and several other muggle games to him after breakfast. She had introduced the family to Harry and Ginny, and later that day Hermione and Draco had eaten lunch with the pair.

"Alright, I'm thinking of a number, it's one through... thirty," said Gran.

"Zero," chirped Vanessa.

"Not you," snapped Shannon. "And zero comes before one, idiot. I choose seven," she added.

"Twenty-ei—seven," said Edward.

"It was twenty-eight," said Gran. "Edward's team is first." Hermione noticed Bella, Esme, and Carlisle giving Edward some dirty/knowing looks.

"What?" he asked innocently, smirking not-so-innocently.

"Okay, step right up, for the one, the only, PICTIONARY!" yelled Percy excitedly.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "I think Leo's been rubbing off on you."

Percy scribbled something down on a piece of paper and showed it to Edward, handing him a red marker. Edward smiled, then began drawing one, two, three circles. He added two sticks under each circle, then-- were those antennae?

"Caterpillar!" yelled Brandon, the only Reynolds kid who was Bobby and Matthew's age.

"No, stupid," said Matthew, "It's an ant."

"Correct," said Percy, grinning.

"Dimwit," Bobby muttered at Brandon from the other team's side of the room.

Shannon went next. She began drawing this weird rhombus shape with squiggly lines on it.

"A...book?" guessed Bella.

"Baseball field!" yelled Kyle.

"Like you even know what that looks like," said Annabeth. It was common knowledge that he knew nothing about sports.

Vanessa gasped. "Oh! I know, I know! A bed!" Shannon grinned and nodded.

"Huh?" said everyone else in the room in unision. Percy just shook his head and sighed.

Hermione could make out a bed—sort of, if she tilted her head. Shannon had drawn it diagonally.

Uncle Charlie went next, drawing a lumpy-looking circle.