Chapter Seven

The Doctor and I had been traveling for about two months, traveling to many places and facing many different creatures, the Doctor decided to take me on a fun trip. To a space beach. I was so excited when he told me.

We didn't worry about packing as we went flying through time and space. We landed with a VHROOMPH VHROOMPH as we ran to the door. But before I could open the door, the Doctor's hand was holding the door shut, a smile plasted on his face. "Ready?" he asked. I nodded as he flung the door open, stepping out. I followed, only to be hit by cold air.

"Doctor?" I asked, not sure why it was freezing outside. The Doctor was last in thought, with his own confused look on his face.

I looked out over the land to see a frozen ocean, snow covering everything, ice hanging from everything. It was the complete opposite of what I thought a space beach would be.

The Doctor ran up to a random person who was walking by with a fishing pole and an axe. Like he was going to go ice fishing. "Excuse me mister, why is it so cold?" the Doctor asked, looking very serious. The man just stared at him like he was crazy. "Have you been around here in the past 14 years?" the man asked, now examing the Doctor and I, realizing we were different. "No, what's happened over the past 14 years?" the Doctor asked, taking a step closer to the man, extremely interested.

"This!" he yelled, dropping his supplies. "14 years ago the weather was perfect! It was 90 degress out, the sun shining every day, kids played at the beach. Then suddenly it went down hill. Every year now the tempeture drops ten degrees. Now it's fifty below every day of the year," he said, clearly angry at the weather. And I didn't blame him. I would be very angry at it too.

"We're travelers. I'm Violet and this is the Doctor," I said, taking a step toward the man. He was a older man, probably about fifty years old. He had gray hair, his skin was wrinkled from when the sun was out every day. His hands were chapped from the cold weather. But he seemed to be very nice, dispite his temper about the weather.

"Hello Violet, I'm Randy," he said, his hand outstreached. I kindly took it, shaking his freezing hand. I smiled at him. "I'm a fishermen but work isn't very good. I live near by," he said, picking up his fishing pole and an axe to break through the ice. The Doctor walked up, patting him on the shoulder, "Oh good. Could you point us in the direction?" he asked, thinking we were staying there that night. I giggled, when Randy shot him a look, not sure what to do.

I slightly smiled him when he looked to me. He sighed, "Take the main road. It's the first house on the right." The Doctor took off up the road. "Thank you," I said to Randy, before chasing after the Doctor.

That night, the Doctor and I laid next to eachother in a small bed the Randy had. He only had one spare bedroom with a small bed. He was very nice and gave us many blankets. It was very cold in the room, well it was very cold everywhere. I yawned, curling up next to the Doctor, feeling the warmth of his body. I slightly smiled falling asleep.

In the morning, I woke up with the Doctor sitting on the bed, putting his shoes on. "Get up, Pond. Something is taking the sun's energy and we need to find out what," he said, throwing me a jacket. I took it, getting up and slidding it on.

After walking in the cold for an hour, we arrived at a cave. The Doctor jogged up to the cave, pulling out his sonic screwdriver.

He quickly soniced the cave, then looked at the screwdriver. He had a serious, curious look as he looked into the cave. "It's a deep cave, that is very cold," he said, looking in the cave. "Doctor, everything is cold!" I yelled sarcastically at him, as a shiver went down my spine.