Ironic

Running through the empty halls I breathed heavily as I desperately made my way to Tate's office.

Once his wooden oak doors came into view I sighed in relief and ran a little faster, not bothering to knock as I barged in.

"Tate-" I froze and blushed as a man sat across Tate, the both of them wore serious faces.

The two men stopped what they were talking about and both their heads snapped in my direction.

"Elina?" Tate asked standing up in his seat as he looked at me in concern.

"..who's this Tate?" The man across him asked giving me a warm smile. I gave him a shy smile and looked down, my hair covering my face as it played as my protective layer.

"This is my mate, Elina," he said looking at me in concern.

"Luna! Its great to meet you!" the man said looking ecstatic and I nodded my head in acknowledgement, blushing in the process.

"Tate," I said clearing my throat, "-I really need to speak to you," I said giving him a look praying he'd understand it was urgent.

"Right. Well Simon, if there's anything else you find out about this, I want you to come and find me right away," Tate said not taking his eyes of off me as the man, Simon made his way out.

"What is it?" Tate asked appearing in front of me. He brought his hands up to my lips and soothed them out since I was frowning.

"The science building, it was on fire!" I said the first thing that came to my mind.

"I heard. Thomas mind linked me when he heard it from a student. The fire was put out and now everything's under control, whats the problem?" He asked stepping closer to me and he grabbed a piece of my hair, tucking it behind my ear.

"Yeah, cause I put it out! And-"

"You what?" Tate asked gripping my arms, his face hard, "-you were in there?" He said in a low growl as his eyes turned a shade darker.

Gulping I brought my hand to his cheek, caressing it to calm him down.

"I'm fine. But you have to listen-" I said groaning as he wasn't listening.

"Did you get hurt? Why wasn't there anyone else to put it out?" He said his chest rumbling and my patients was running low.

Grabbing his arm I pulled him along with me, around the desk and I pushed him into the leather seat, glaring at him even though his gaze made me shudder.

Tate sat down silently, looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

I crossed my arms and stood in front of trying to keep up my hard expression.

"You better be listening," I warned pointing a finger at him and he smirked also crossing his arms, leaning back in his seat.

"The fire, it wasn't an accident. It was all planned. I mean-from what I heard someones trying to destroy the place or, or I don't know! Somethings very wrong!" I said starting to pace back and fourth.

Tate stood up almost immediately, and he looked very angry.

"Who? Who did you hear it from? Tell me!" He said his jaw clenched and his eyes darkened.

"The science teacher, he was on the phone with someone named Adrian," I said watching him as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Wait a minute. I thought carefully.

Adrian? Rufus was talking to an Adrian?

Shaking my head I dismissed that thought. He couldn't possibly be involved in this.