Breakfast With The Boys.. And Jake (Ch 14)

LUCY POV

My circadian rhythm is totally out of wack. I woke up today at seven in the morning. Seven. Actually, it was six but I forced myself to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, I only got one hour out of it before I was completely awake again. I always had to be at work be nine o’clock sharp, so when I woke up I almost freaked out until I remembered that I’m no longer in NY. That I’m home again. And then all the memories from last night came back putting that very same smile on my face. However the smile was completely wiped off when I remembered the dream I had last night. Or should I say dreams..

Oh God. I remembered it all. The bells, the flowers, the tuxes, the wedding dress, Jake at the end of the aisle with that amazing bright, perfect white smile of his that…. Oh my God. I actually dreamt that I married Jake. I slapped my hands onto my face and groaned into them. What is happening to me? Since when do I dream about marriage? Let alone one to Jake. Something’s in this LaPush air. That really has to be it. Because THIS.. is not normal. Jake’s my best friend. And that’s it. Best. Friend. I mean seriously. I’ve known this kid all my life and not once did his simple gaze on me make my mind go into a frenzy. And I sure as hell never felt.. enchanted just by looking in his eyes. This was JAKE. The boy next door kinda boy, Jake. Not the possible love of my life kinda boy, Jake, Nooo. Hah, just the thought of it is simply ridiculous.

And that’s exactly how it was for the past three hours. I had decided to spend the remaining hours until Sam and Emily got up to unpack all my things. And I as did so, my thoughts were literally nothing but a chain of babbling about just how ridiculous THAT thought was. I think I’ve actually gone a little crazy. Completely off the handlebar, nuts. But I guess it kind of helped me since at about nine fifteen I was completely finished and all my bags were emptied. My crazy brain had kept me company through it all.

I took my bags and slid them neatly under my bed before slouching down onto the mattress, massaging my aching temples. It was only nine and I was already getting a major headache from all my thinking.

“UGH!” I threw myself back and rolled over, burying my face into the soft comforter.

Alright I need to stop thinking about this. Time to get ready.

About half an hour later, I was finishing up the last touches and pulling on my shoes. I had pulled on a red and black plaid shirt dress that reached just above the knees with some suede black slouch boots. As usual I had my hair down and plain and my regular dark black eyeliner and makeup on. I could already hear the front door open every so often as the boys arrived for breakfast.

“Shut up! Lucy is still sleeping!” I hear Emily scold as I came down the stairs.

“No she’s not.” Embry called back. “Morning, Luce.” He waved.

“Good morning.” I greeted. “Who’s she yelling at?” I threw my thumb in the direction of the kitchen.

“Seth and Paul were arguing again.” He filled me in. “Usually it’s quite entertaining, but not at ten AM.”

I left him to watch whatever he was watching and headed into the kitchen where Emily was standing over the pancake grill with Sam beside her over the waffle maker. Seth and Paul were both seated at the dining table, picking at the fruit bowl.

“Good morning!” I greeted them all, standing in between Sam and Emily and swinging my arm around them.

“Lucy, you’re awake already?” She asked, seemingly surprised.

I nodded with an eye roll. “For the past three hours.” I walked over to the counter and leaned against it.

“Really? Why up so early?” She continued, flipping some pancakes onto a tray.