Chapter 2: A rare kind of soldier

"Lyanna, how's it going over there?" My brother, Aidan asked over the commlink. Only the highest commanders in our society got one since we rarely used any form of technology. But when we did, the technology was very advanced.

We had been doing this the whole night and morning, guiding the people out of their homes and towards the forest. Mainly we were needed to keep order on the streets and to make sure nobody ran anyone over.

"Well, I've evacuated a lot of people but there are still a few left and the jedi are getting close." I pressed the button on my ear while looking around. Everyone was now screaming and running over the streets towards the forest at the sight of the jedi and their army, leaving their homes behind.

"That must mean that they broke through Stefan's perimeter." I could hear my brother sigh deeply. "How close are they to you?"

"Well, if I round the corner I'd probably be face to face with one." I answered. Our soldiers were commanded to distract the jedi and were instructed to not fire unless fired upon. Still, in the distance I could hear the explosions and the gunshots, letting me know that I had little time left.

"Get out of there! We can't let the jedi see you, especially not capture you." My brother ordered.

I groaned when I noticed a child that was stuck beneath the rubble of a building. The city was falling apart due to the explosions, making it even harder to evacuate. "I can't, I've got to help them." I answered my brother as I ran up to the child.

"Dammit, Lyanna! For one time just listen, goddammit. Put yourself first instead of only taking care of others!"

"I'm sorry." I sighed and shut off my communicator. Lifting up the block of stone that was trapping the child, I freed him and helped him up. "Head for the forest, okay?" I asked while dusting off his clothes.

"Anakin! They're over there!"

My head shot up to the sound of his voice, my eyes quickly finding the source. Blond short hair,  average height, full beard now covered in dirt and other debris, light brown clothes and a glowing stick for a sword.

The jedi are here.

I cursed under my breath, looking around for other people that still needed saving. I could hear their cries but didn't see them until I saw one at the window, one of our soldiers. He pointed at the jedi and then signaled that he had 5 other civilians with him.

"A distraction." I mumbled as my eyes wandered back to the blonde jedi who was now joined by another, a taller one with dark brown hair. Even from afar you could see that the darker one was pissed off while the other one was calm and collected.

A few clone troopers followed them only they stayed close to the walls or either crouched down, trying to avoid being shot. The jedi just didn't seem to give a shit.

Grasping a stick on the ground, for I needed to hide my sword for worse situations, I jumped at a group of clones that was previously hiding behind a large chuck of debris and started smashing them with it.

I caught them by surprise, leaving me able to knock the first down to the floor, the second to hit on the side of his head and the third to kick down by placing my foot on his chest and using all of my force to knock him over. His head collided with the wall behind him.

The last one tried to blast me from behind but I ducked quickly, dodging the blast and turning around, using the momentum to gain more force and knocking him down by hitting him with the stick.

"That went well." I smiled in triumph, looking at the stick in wonder. When I looked up though, the two jedi still hadn't noticed me. "So much for knocking down 4 troopers at once." I mumbled.