P h o t o #11 - Bouquet Of Clumsy Words

~Cooper's POV~

My voice did everything it could to try and keep my nervousness twisting my gut under wraps as I asked about Emmy around the lunch room, my head still cloudy with trying to process the quick events that had unravled right before my eyes.

"Yeah, I saw some black haired girl run right out of the front doors. Hey why-" One of the cheerleaders had told me, making me immediately run out of the school to look. I felt bad for cutting her off, but this was urgent.

At least, to me it was.

My frantic light brown eyes searched the school grounds for any sign of a head full of black waves that I had been so used to seeing everyday, words building up in my throat, wanting to explain the situation and clear up the misunderstanding that had so easily happened between us all. I hated seeing my friends like this, the only feeling swimming inside me was sadness.

I had slowly began to realize, after each and everything we had went through together even though we barely knew each other for a month, that after Emmy had come along we had finally started to act like a whole again, even after all of the things that had happened last year. Maybe we just needed someone real. Someone who didn't act fake or try to keep a front up whenever we were around.

Who we knew wouldn't try to tear us apart.

Sighing audibly, I had come to notice that the school grounds were completely empty, as if something had wiped the slate of our parking lot clean. 'There's no way she's out here, it's too cold for any sane being to be standing out in this wind.' I thought as I put my arms around myself to keep warm, starting to shiver. It was only the end of September, but man was it cold.

Glancing around at my surroundings once more, I could only think of one place Emmy would go. Home. The one place everyone should feel safe. I knew she had to be there, if I could remember her usual introverted ways correctly, of course.

I maneuvered through the parking lot to the usual spot by the gates where we usually parked our slick black car. The bet parking space in this huge lot, used for easy entrances and exits. My hands dug into the pockets of my jeans, finding the cold metallic keys with no trouble at all-we each thought it would be a good idea to have a pair of keys for emergencies since we all used this car so often-then stuck them into the drivers door. It clicked, signalling I could get in. Hoping into the dark leather driver's seat took no time at all. With the start of the ignition and the route to Emmy's house that we had taken a few times before surfacing in my head, the clouds fogging my mind finally seized.

I was ready to drive.

***

~Emma's POV~

Small tears still begrudgingly leaked out of my eyes even though willed them to stop. My skin crawled with pins and needles, making me unconsciously rub my arms to try and make the feeling go away. I knew this feeling from experience, it meant I had a slight overdose on my medication. It was nothing too serious, all it did was just give me a sick, nauseating feeling in my brain for the rest of the day. Great. That was just what I needed at a time like this.

I wanted to hit myself. 'You had these damn doubts in the back of your head all along, and you knew it!' I mentally screamed, telling myself that I should have never gotten my hopes up that anything good would come out of our forced relationship during the short time I had known them, ' Well, it's too late for regrets now.' I thought with a sigh, knowing that convincing myself something that wasn't true was pointless.