Chapter 12 : Aftermath

Pure, pure bliss.  The feeling of his lips on mine gives me happiness that I cannot fathom myself. Every caress of his hands on my hips, my back, and my face leaves hot trails and shivers on my body. Sparks fly like unending firework show on New Year's Eve. Every second feels like a life time. And I don't want it to stop. Ever. My hands is holding his firm arms for I can’t stop myself. The moment that he kissed me I responded immediately. I cannot pass the opportunity to finally kiss Blake. For months I have been waiting for this time to happen. And now here I am. Kissing my mate for the first time.

I was pressed on my bedroom door while we kissed on what feels like forever but my lungs are giving up. It needs air so pull out first. We both are breathing heavily. Blake’s eyes are still shut while his forehead is on mines. His hands are still gripping my hips while mine is hanging lose on my sides.

My mind is begging my lips to utter a word or even ask why the hell that was, but screw it! I loved every second of it.

His arms on my hips tighten its hold squeezing me more towards him. Tilting my head back up with his forefinger, he said, "One more, before this dream ends." And then he kissed me again. But this time, I wrapped my arms around him, pulling our bodies tighter more than it really is.

Time passed and I don’t know how long we were kissing like we did the first time. But when he pulled back. He looked at me apologetically. He let go of me and stepped back and my arms once again fell down lose on my sided.

Blake looked down like he did something wrong. "I'm sorry Emily. That was the dare. Please forgive me." and then he walked out of the room. Just like that. Like nothing really happened with us at all. And it hurts. So damn much that I started hyperventilating where I am currently standing.

Feeling weak, I gripped the door knob behind my back to balance myself.

Darn, I did not anticipate this to happen. He just made me alive one minute, the moment next he killed me. The fire that he ignited inside me diminished the moment he said those words. It's like you just threw a bucket of water on a bonfire then stomp on it to turn the burnt woods into ashes.

 Shit. I can feel it. The rejection. It’s slowly eating your heart out like acid.

For I did not have the strength to go out back to the group anymore, especially to face Blake, I locked my door then changed to my pyjamas and crawled under my mattress. I lied there, whishing sleep would just take over but my eyes decided to release some of my frustrations and pain I am holding inside. Tears began leaking down across my cheeks and towards my pillow like a dam. Sobs are coming out of my throat. And I can’t seem to stop myself from crying.

Gripping the pillow hard. I muffled the screams that escapes my mouth so that they won’t hear it in the lounge. I wish I would just disappear in this moment. I wish I did not demand to my dad to send me to college here in London and just stayed there with the pack and find a suitable werewolf to mate or agreed to his proposal of arranged marriage rather than meet my own who just plunged a dagger through my heart and let it bleed.

I’m being bitter. I know. I just don’t care anymore. For when a werewolf find its mate, their heart is automatically theirs. They fall in love immediately and when they do, they fall hard.

As I cried my heart out. Sleep slowly crept towards me. And in my state, I gladly accepted it wishing that it will last longer than it usually should.

The inevitable must always arrive, making you more miserable even more that you already are. The sun that shines through my window, giving the earth light, warmth and joy that Saturday morning is hell for me. I have to face a new day mourning the rejection I felt last night. And damn it all. Flashes of what happened with Blake flooded my mind making my morning bitter.

I lazily get out of bed, I went inside the bathroom and look at myself through the mirror to assess how bad I look. And my face did not disappoint me. My hair is in tangled mess, my eyes are puffy from crying with matching dark eye bags under them. My lips are cracked and dry. My pupils looks dead.  I look dead.

After I cleaned myself from the mess that I am. I braced myself and gathered all my courage to go out to the kitchen for the monsters in my stomach are hungry and they are urging me to feed them. My hand is shaking while holding the doorknob. My heart is pounding like its pumping a gallon of blood per second. My palms are sweating like crazy. What if he's already awake? What if he's in the kitchen too? What will I do when I face him? What will I say? What will he say? What if? What. A lot of "what" questions are swirling inside my mind filling my brain.

Finally finding my courage, I opened my bedroom door and walked toward the kitchen to eat grab something and flee in order not to bump with Blake. Unluckily, he was there. And he’s with someone. And it’s a girl. I can’t see her for Blake has his back in front of me and the girl is in front of him. I know it was a girl for she was giggling like there’s no tomorrow. Bitterness and jealousy flooded inside me.

I moved to a side to where I could see them both clearly. The girl especially. As I stepped forward and looked up, another set of knives impaled my already beaten heart for the scene before me is not something I want to see nor perceive.

Blake is just standing there doing nothing while the girl has her arms around his neck. Kissing him.

And him, kissing her back.

=============================================

Heyo readers!

I know, it's been so darn long since I have updated this story. For that, I am very very very sorry for making you wait. Well, here's the latest chapter and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Please help me with voting and leaving a comment on this story.. thanks a bunch!.

~Scyrenne