33: Threats to Mingzhe Dei | 1 |

As soon as dawn came, Lea and Seth were already at the living room. They were appropriately sitting beside one another in their eerily quiet selves. Armrest in between, Lea had her mind busy with something else. While Seth was excitedly guessing what the other was thinking.

Lea was simply too unpredictable for him, but he hadn't forgotten what Lea could possibly be capable of after spending a few hours of watching her torture soldiers for the sake of her experiments. He couldn't decide whether Lea was simply twisted or absorbed with her thoughts. But he knew he would want to continue watching her henceforth. She appeared more interesting than the people he had served in the shadows.

And for that, he was willing to follow her wherever she planned to go.

As for the five soldiers, they were properly fixed by Lea in time. She found out later what happened to the sixth soldier who she let escape at the beginning. And although the consequences could turn out bad for them no thanks to her lazy work in taking care of things, she thought it was also interesting to stir Chlad within.

Unbeknownst to her, Seth had never left his gaze on her ever since she decided it was good enough for the boy to be released based on the exchange they had. At the moment, she was waiting for the rest of the people in the mansion to finally wake up so she could start interrogating Seth in revealing the masterminds in Mingzhe Dei and what results could come about with their plans fulfilled.

If Seth ever did anything unusual, such as escaping on her watch, she knew he should know better what she was capable of. And she made sure to follow up with her intentions.

Despite how she found Seth adorable due to his twisted personality, she also couldn't help but put up her guard for the unpredictable. However, she has yet to realize that there really was no need to be so cautious. 

She spared a glance to Seth only to meet his crimson eyes directly looking into her own pair of ruby eyes. Unable to look away, she continued to gaze at him until an hour past and the others had come around from their sleep. There was a peculiar wonder as they both gazed into each other's pair of similar hues. Seth's crimson eyes that was once an expression of death, now curious and purposeful.

The first to witness the unusual scene was Raize who always seemed punctual. "Glad to see you back, Lea. What were you up to last night?" He inquired, glancing at the stranger who was sitting beside the other chair just beside Lea's. He felt strangely anxious looking at the youth with crimson eyes that were unreadable. But those pair of eyes remained on Lea as if not wanting to miss every movement of her reactions.

Looking up at Raize, Lea greeted. "Hello. I was just gathering materials for my experiments."

At her words, Seth's ears perked up. He then thought of the soldiers and compared them as materials in Lea's eyes. Suddenly, he felt unusually amused by how Lea worded her excuse. A small smile creeping into his face once again.

Seth's smile did not go unnoticed by Raize and left him with a curious frown. "Who is this?"

"Seth. Ask Ulla more about him, but once everyone arrives, Seth here will have to answer to us."

With Lea's surefire tone, Seth suddenly felt like a cornered animal, but he knew he only had to follow whatever Lea wishes if he wanted to remain around. He nodded in assent to her words.

Raize narrowed his dark obsidian eyes as he pondered. "Okay. I'll call them myself."

And moments later, everyone was gathered in the living room. Izaya had asked his butler to bring them plenty of sweets, pastries and teas. Bright was delighted as he heard Izaya's words. And Ulla's beastly stomach growl could be heard quite aloud, which earned her a queer look from Seth and Imhe. She simply ignored their inquiring and curious gaze.