Chapter 4: Ashore the Desert

Back at the ship, you let yourself fall down and slide against the mast, holding your right eye in pain. You grind your teeth at the agony. Zoro blinked, noticing your unusual demeanor.

"Hey, are you alright?" grunted the green haired male.

"Yes, dammit" you replied through your teeth. "Go away"

Zoro sighed and squatted down in front of you, extending a hand toward your face. Your left eye widened and you slapped his hand away. He frowned and held your wrist tight, trying once more to take a look at your face.

"Don't! I'm a-" you were cut when he took your left hand away from your right eye, gulping at the sight.

"You're bleeding!" he snapped. "Why didn't you say anything?!"

"It happens when I use too much my powers. Now leave me alone! I'm okay!" you scowled. But Zoro didn't take any of this crap you were trying to pull on.

The swordsman grabbed your chin and held it so tight that you couldn't move anymore. He examined closely your right eye, seeing that it still had a purple hue. A red line of blood trailed down on your cheek, falling down on your collarbone and inside your top.

"Release. My. Chin" you said slowly, your eyes hard.

"Not before Chopper take care of that" he said simply and you growled.

"Stupid persistent man" you cursed and the swordsman gave you an unimpressed look.

"And you're a stupid stubborn woman"

The two of you continued to stare at each other bitterly, Zoro resolved to not let go of your chin until you decided to see Chopper for him to take care of it. After a short silence, you let out a grunt and rolled your left eye, admitting defeat.

"I will go to Chopper"

"Good"

He released you and you stood up, walking toward the small reindeer who panicked when he saw your right eye. The doctor of the Straw Hat pirates enrolled a bandage around your head and covered your left eye, even after you told him that it won't help and will eventually heal by itself. The others were putting the supplies they got from Nanohana in the ship.

"Hey, we just landed on your island. Are you sure we should set sail again already?" asked Chopper when he finished the final touch for your eye.

"Yes, we only stopped at this town to procure the necessary supplies and provisions" said Vivi, holding a bag of food in her arms. "From here on, we'll travel the river upstream and then head inland into Alabasta. The next town we'll stop at is the Green City, Erumalu"

"Hurry! Don't slow down!" yelled Usopp.