Chapter 6: Among the Dunes

You were certainly beyond pissed now. The reason why? Well, both Nami and Vivi were nowhere to be seen with the pervert of a camel. Of course, there was the footprints left by the animal in the sand, but it will be a matter of time before they got wash away.

"Thank you, (y/n)" moaned in discomfort Chopper, who was straddling your shoulders as you walked ahead the group.

"I'm doing this so I won't have to drag everyone's body" you groaned, shouting a look over your shoulder at the boys. "We need to preserve everyone's energy"

"How gallant of you, (y/n)-swan~" sang Sanji, twirling around you as you continued to walk forward. "If you ever feel tire, just say the word and I will sweep off your feet like the queen you are!~"

"Stop creeping me out" you shivered, eyeing warily the cooker who continued to dream about his fantasies that you didn't want to know.

"Nami-san! How far did you go?! That side of you is wonderful too!"

You turned toward Usopp and Luffy, who stopped on their track.

"What's the matter, Luffy?" asked the sniper, eyeing in confusion the captain who was staring at the front.

You walked next to Usopp, observing Luffy with him as he slowly turned his head to the right, seeing a cactus. You barely had the time to stop him that he was already destroying and drinking the cactus's liquid. You wore a blank look when the Straw Hat captain started to shout nonsense...more than usual.

"TSUNAMI!!!"

"What now?" Zoro stopped on the spot, the others doing the same to watch their captain.

"A TSUNAMI'S COMING!"

"What's going on, Luffy?!" asked Chopper, lifting his chin from the top of your hat.

"Maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all?" muttered in desperation Usopp and you clicked your tongue, a bullet of sweat running down the side of your head.

"It wasn't a good idea" you rectified.

"What wasn't a good idea?" asked Sanji.

"I told him not to, but he said he was so thirsty he couldn't stand it, so he chomped down on some cactus growing back there" explained Usopp, still with the same expression as yours.

"Cactus?" repeated Zoro.

"Yeah. Over there" you pointed in the direction of the plants. "Those round things"