Chapter 2: Happiness

“Being with her was as sweet as candy. Her touch was as soft as candy floss, and her words were as sweet as chocolates. I wish that she wouldn’t disappear. But I know she will. They always do. That’s how I learned how to live.”

● 

Maria was awakened by knocks on the door. Although she was tired, she tried her best to get up and find out who was disturbing her good night sleep. Maria opens the door but surprised to see such a different place. Instead of having green trees there was lollipops. Instead of puffy clouds there were cotton candy. Instead of houses there was gingerbread house and gingerbread man. ‘Am I dreaming?’ Maria thought.

 Walking around with curiosity, Maria looks for another human being which was harder than she thought for all she saw was gingerbread men and women, but at the end of the road she saw a house not made of gingerbread and run quickly to it. Knocking as loud as she could.

 She started yelling, “Hello? Is anyone here? I need to know where I am!”

Feeling relieved, the door opens to a girl. “Who may you be, young lady?” She had a calming voice that felt sweet to Maria’s ears.

“I am Maria and I think I may be in the wrong place, am I dreaming?” Replied Maria.

“You think this is a dream? Does this look like a dream to you? This is life Maria, filled with kindness and joy. Sweetness and not cruelty. Smiles and not frowns.”

“But who are you? How am I supposed to believe you if I don’t even know your name?” She said in slight aggression.

“You’ll know who I am Maria, just learn to wait.”

As the both of them strolled through the delicious world, Maria lets go of all of her sadness and negativity and just started laughing and giggling with her new friend. Everyone in the place was smiling and you would never see a frown on their faces. Maria felt the need to know her name.

“I believe you really wanted to know my name now don’t you Maria?”

Maria nods, “I have never felt so happy in my whole life! I wished I could believe this is not a dream, even though deep inside I know this is one.”

“Maria, My name is Felicity, and trust me you are not dreaming, It’s not inside your head.”

“But I did learn something today, if ever I have a problem, I will just smile and think of this place once again.” The two of them smiled and headed back home, it may be a regular day for Felicity, but it was an amazing experience for Maria.