Chapter 42

Chapter 42

I woke up not in my room. Where the hell am I? Then it all came flooding back, the fight between my parents, coming to Harry's house, the phone call with Dakota, Harry specifically his mouth. I jumped up, running my hands through my hair and tugging on the roots. What the actual fuck is wrong with me? I walked through the bedroom door and down into the kitchen.

"Morning Love." Harry said handing me coffee.

"Morning." I said taking a seat and letting the coffee mug warm my hands. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Six-thirty. I'll have to start getting ready soon."

"I'll have to go home and grab some clothes before school." I said. We sat in silence drinking from our mugs while he read a book and I read the newspaper.

"We need to talk." I stated. "We need to discuss everything and we can't tip-toe around each other anymore."

"Yes, we do." He said moving closer to where I was sitting. "After school, come over- I'll make dinner and we can talk."

"That sounds good." I smiled. Harry leaned closer smirking and then pressed a chaste kiss to my lips. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and a voice.

"Harry it's me." It felt like I had been electrocuted. Suddenly I was up, running around the apartment and scooping all my things together while we both muttered many curse words under our breath. Harry rushed to the door and opened it while I figured out what the ever-loving fuck I was going to do. Miss McKenzie sauntered in and I hid behind the breakfast bar.

Shit!

My coffee cup.

It was too late.

Harry walked in and saw me behind the bar, casually picking up the extra cup and putting it in the sink like it was the most normal thing he could have done. I made some hand signals that Harry seemed to understand. Harry handed her a mug and then went into the living room so I could make a sly escape through the door.

I closed the door as quietly as I could and then let out the breath I had been holding. Practically hyperventilating with my back against the door. I slipped my shoes on and began running.

***

I didn't have time to do my makeup, or my hair, I didn't even have time to change I tucked Harry's shirt into a clean pair of jeans and grabbed me school stuff. Now I am sat in the cafeteria picking at my food and wondering how I put on odd socks.

"Loving the look." Aria said sitting down next to me.

"Thanks, I call the 'I don't give a fuck' look." I remarked, she smiled as the rest of my friends sat down at the table.

"Where'd you get the shirt?" Shay asked.

"It's my dad's." I lied. "It didn't fit him anymore."

"Cute, vintage." Shay replied. I smiled at her and tried to force my lunch down me, trying not to attract attention to myself. For once, I participated in conversation- trying to seem as normal as possible, stealing glances of Harry and Miss McKenzie from the corner of my eye. Which I shouldn't do, but I did it anyway. I don't know why.

After a few more hours of sleeping my way through class it was finally time to go home. I gathered my things from my locker and bid my friends goodbye, I made my way to my car and had only just started the engine when my phone went off. I turned off the engine and checked my phone seeing it was another unknown message.

From Unknown:

If all tutoring sessions were like this, everyone would be A* students – A