5

So it turns out, Carson didn't forget. At 3:05 he walked through the library doors. Or at least that's what Axle said. I was too busy reading to look up.

"Belle, talk to Carson." Axle whispers.

I roll my eyes and continue reading.

Carson had joined us at a round table in the reading corner, and Mark and Axle kept glancing my way. Eventually, they gave up, and just had a lovely conversation with Carson.

"Belle?"

I look up and see that I'm alone. With Carson. Oh how I love my cousins slash brothers... I fight the urge to frown and roll my eyes.

"Uh- hi?"

He chuckles.

"Hi... What're you reading?" He asks.

"Uh-" I turn the book over. "One of the books to the Percy Jackson series."

His eyes light up. "Have you read them all? They're classics."

"I only read two. Didn't get to finish the series. It's hard to collect these kinds of books now. As you said, they are classics." I say.

He nods in agreement.

After an awkward pause, I go back to reading.

"Belle?"

I look up again. "Yeah?"

"Uh- Well, do you- uh..."

I stare at him in confusion.

"Y-You've been around the city already, right?" He asks awkwardly.

I nod my head.

"Do you wanna go someplace new? I know a place you might enjoy. Axle and Mark agreed to it." He says, finally like himself.

I shrug. "Sure."

Once Axle and Mark get back from who knows where, we head off. Instead of going on another city tour, we head towards the place Carson suggested.

It takes about an hour to get there. But man, this place is beautiful.

Stepping out of the car, I see a beautiful field and all we can see for miles are just beautiful flowers. Rows and rows of tulips, lavenders, pansies, roses, sunflowers, and all other kinds of flowers decorated the field.

I wonder why I'm still alive. I feel like my heart has stopped beating. I absolutely love flowers.

"How do you like it?" Carson asks, coming up beside me.

I shake my head.

Axle and Mark laugh, and he joins in.

"This isn't the only thing I was gonna show you though." Carson says, taking the lead.

The three of us follow him through a path in the flowers.

After minutes of walking, we find ourselves facing a beautiful crystal clear lake reflecting the sky and flowers decorating the nearby hills. On the opposite side from where we stand, the city skyline of Chicago can be seen.