Part 55

I wrapped my arms around him as his body worked on top of mine; his quiet, raspy moans echoing in my ears as they sent shockwaves through my already over sensitive body.
His grip on me was soft, yet firm, as his head stayed buried in my neck; soft kisses being left with equally as gentle thrusts.

I never really imagined what sex with Daryl would be like-- most of the time he's just so hard to read because of how hidden he keeps what he's feeling, but what was happening right now.. felt like a dream.
It was so different from every other experience I've ever had and it turned out to be exactly what I needed-- what I had been craving so badly.
It didn't feel like sex, it felt like a connection-- an emotion.. one thing turning into another to form something unbelievable, and as crazy as it sounds, it felt addicting-- he felt addicting. Everything he was doing, from the sounds he made, the way he touched me so carefully, and the way he made me feel-- not only in this moment but all of the moments leading up to right now, made it seem like I finally found my missing puzzle piece.. and it fit perfectly.

My breathing picked up as my back began to arch at the sensation running through my body; my nails involuntarily digging into his neck and back, only causing him to hold me closer as his once soft moans turned into labored growls.

As sparks flew through my body and a throaty whimper made its way past my lips, I felt Daryl's body relax on top of mine; our breathing still heavy as we held onto each other, savoring the moment.

***

I zoned out as my head laid on Daryl's bare chest, the blankets strewn over us while the steady beating of his heart and rhythmic breathing continued to lull my mind.

"When I left Alexandria-- after I left," I began, my voice soft as I ran my fingers across his torso, "How did you find out I was gone?"

"Rick told me," Daryl murmured, clearing his throat and pulling me closer to his chest, "He said Maggie had been lookin' all over for ya but no one had seen ya."

I nodded slowly, feeling bad once again that I had Enid lie for me, "How did you know where I'd be?"

I felt as he shrugged underneath me, "I knew that if ya left on ya own, ya'd wanna be found."

I picked my head up, furrowing my eyebrows at him as the dim light of the moon just barely illuminated our faces, about to correct him.. but realizing he was the one who was right; deep down I really didn't want to be away from these people who I'd come to love.

I stayed quiet for a moment before finding what I wanted to say, "Thank you for bringing me back." I said quietly as I laid my head back down onto his chest, "Thank you for caring."

His hand then found mine as our fingers interlocked, "I told ya I'd never let anythin' happen to ya." His tired voice mumbled, a small smile pulling at the corners of my mouth as I allowed myself to drift asleep.

***

My eyes slowly opened as I stretched out, hearing the metal sound of a belt buckle before I looked around the room to see Daryl getting dressed.

I rolled over to face his way, lying my head back against the pillow as I tiredly watched him-- taking in the sight of the person who was slowly making me see this world differently than I had been for so long before.

"What're ya doin'?" His raspy voice mumbled as he caught me, causing me to laugh as I pulled the covers up to my face.

"I don't know." I shrugged, memories of last night playing through my mind before looking over to him as he pulled his t-shirt over his head, a small smirk appearing.

"I's thinking we should go on a run today," he suggested, "This place is runnin' low on food an I know ya ready now."

Another smile appeared on my face before I nodded, happy to finally get the opportunity to provide for Alexandria again and also be able to spend more time with Daryl.

_____
Another shorter chapter, I apologize, but everything should be going back to normal pretty soon

I took my time with this chapter, mainly because of writers block, but also because I wanted to make it as true to the characters as I possibly could.

Let me know what you think!